Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» RPRA Partnerships
eye for martyn and don - Page 16 Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 10:32 am

» Good Morning
eye for martyn and don - Page 16 Emptyby David Today at 10:31 am

» Weather today
eye for martyn and don - Page 16 Emptyby David Today at 10:31 am

» BHW Subscriptions
eye for martyn and don - Page 16 Emptyby David Yesterday at 10:36 pm

» King removes Patronage
eye for martyn and don - Page 16 Emptyby David Thu May 09, 2024 8:46 pm

» escaped birds return
eye for martyn and don - Page 16 Emptyby David Thu May 09, 2024 10:25 am

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
eye for martyn and don - Page 16 Emptyby George & Morgan Mon May 06, 2024 4:58 pm

» York Road & District Results 2024
eye for martyn and don - Page 16 Emptyby David Mon May 06, 2024 4:53 pm

» Scandalous .......
eye for martyn and don - Page 16 Emptyby Knackered Sun May 05, 2024 7:31 am

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) eye for martyn and don - Page 16 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 70 users online :: 2 Registered, 0 Hidden and 68 Guests :: 2 Bots

David, George & Morgan

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.eye for martyn and don - Page 16 Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
eye for martyn and don - Page 16 Vote_lcapeye for martyn and don - Page 16 Voting_bareye for martyn and don - Page 16 Vote_rcap 
David
eye for martyn and don - Page 16 Vote_lcapeye for martyn and don - Page 16 Voting_bareye for martyn and don - Page 16 Vote_rcap 
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1297 registered users
The newest registered user is tharunjohar50

Our users have posted a total of 222786 messages in 14005 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
eye for martyn and don - Page 16 Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
eye for martyn and don - Page 16 Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

eye for martyn and don

Go down 
+8
cowandchicken
Don Webb
Knackered
Rudderfett
barnie
oldstrain
David
George & Morgan
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
AuthorMessage
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

eye for martyn and don - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: eye for martyn and don   eye for martyn and don - Page 16 EmptyWed Mar 04, 2015 10:52 am

im sure certain members will still want to talk about eyes George, ive a couple to post up once I get the photo`s.........
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: eye for martyn and don   eye for martyn and don - Page 16 EmptyWed Mar 04, 2015 11:02 am

rainbow wrote:
so we don't want to talk   about eyes we are on page 25 and at the time I started it david was looking for a topic to get us to the number one spot it don't matter if you don't look at a pigeon's eye it got the site going from that day so let's now enjoy the site    george

its all interesting stuff George Smile some people just like to add a bit of humour to their beliefs ...I find it interesting but as I said on page 1 I keep an open mind on the subject but don't get too bogged down with it but its still a very interesting subject atb pirat
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: eye for martyn and don   eye for martyn and don - Page 16 EmptyWed Mar 04, 2015 11:16 am

eyesigns being going for 30 years at least that I know of, our 25 page topic has a long time to run yet.......... Razz Razz cheers
Back to top Go down
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

PostSubject: Re: eye for martyn and don   eye for martyn and don - Page 16 EmptyWed Mar 04, 2015 12:25 pm

had a neighbour back in the 60s was into eyesign that's 55 years ago
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: eye for martyn and don   eye for martyn and don - Page 16 EmptyWed Mar 04, 2015 6:35 pm

rainbow wrote:
so we don't want to talk   about eyes we are on page 25 and at the time I started it david was looking for a topic to get us to the number one spot it don't matter if you don't look at a pigeon's eye it got the site going from that day so let's now enjoy the site    george

Spot on George
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: eye for martyn and don   eye for martyn and don - Page 16 EmptyWed Mar 04, 2015 6:39 pm

rainbow wrote:
had a neighbour  back in the 60s was into eyesign that's 55 years ago  

And the rest George if the truth be known
Back to top Go down
Rudderfett
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rudderfett

PostSubject: Re: eye for martyn and don   eye for martyn and don - Page 16 EmptyWed Mar 04, 2015 7:15 pm

I think the top fanciers are defo into eye sign and that's why when you look at the breeders in the lofts they all have great eyes, that's not by accident, And they are so competitive as all top sports men are they wouldn't tell you any secrets in case you beat them.

A little story for you... similar to prove my point but nothing to do with pigeons. I play squash at a very competitive level (county standard), and I know 2 chaps 1 was a semi pro cricketer and played in the word cup for Scotland, the other was British rally champion and a pro rally driver, the 2 reached high standards in sport, the rally driver was top 10 in the world at one point in his career.

You have never seen such competitive people in your life they are animals on a squash court and would beat their own grannies to 0 if they could, they wil do anything to win and tell you nothing just in case your going to improve and get better. They are great chaps friends of mine and I like them both but when its in competition they are ruthless and I mean to the core, almost to the point its shocking and that's why they reached the top, its a trait I sadly lack although my friends say I am the most competitive person they know, but compared to them Im a mouse.

And that's why you can watch any videos/dvds from champions you like and you will never learn a thing, my mrs is a competitor too and one day while I was watching a DVD she said why are you wasting your time watching them you know they all say the same things over and over and its al crap, and you know what shes right they all sound the same, and its because they are all hiding the real truth and tell you nothing.
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: eye for martyn and don   eye for martyn and don - Page 16 EmptyWed Mar 04, 2015 11:16 pm

Rudderfett wrote:
I think the top fanciers are defo into eye sign and that's why when you look at the breeders in the lofts they all have great eyes, that's not by accident, And they are so competitive as all top sports men are they wouldn't tell you any secrets in case you beat them.

A little story for you... similar to prove my point but nothing to do with pigeons. I play squash at a very competitive level (county standard), and I know 2 chaps 1 was a semi pro cricketer and played in the word cup for Scotland, the other was British rally champion and a pro rally driver, the 2 reached high standards in sport, the rally driver was top 10 in the world at one point in his career.

You have never seen such competitive people in your life they are animals on a squash court and would beat their own grannies to 0 if they could, they wil do anything to win and tell you nothing just in case your going to improve and get better. They are great chaps friends of mine and I like them both but when its in competition they are ruthless and I mean to the core, almost to the point its shocking and that's why they reached the top, its a trait I sadly lack although my friends say I am the most competitive person they know, but compared to them Im a mouse.

And that's why you can watch any videos/dvds from champions you like and you will never learn a thing, my mrs is a competitor too and one day while I was watching a DVD she said why are you wasting your time watching them you know they all say the same things over and over and its al crap, and you know what shes right they all sound the same, and its because they are all hiding the real truth and tell you nothing.

Your spot on Martyn
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: eye for martyn and don   eye for martyn and don - Page 16 EmptyThu Mar 05, 2015 12:05 am

rainbow wrote:

Oh so true George Smile Smile etc. Your last line above, say's it all for me. Some may say Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes lol! lol! lol! Eye sign men know nothing Wink Wink but the feet brigade I suspect I'm  affraid know far less bounce bounce. For the newcomer's to our sport here who we must encourage to keep an open mind & just hope they all can make some sense out of it all, at days end. cheers
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: eye for martyn and don   eye for martyn and don - Page 16 EmptyThu Mar 05, 2015 8:27 am

Knackered wrote:
rainbow wrote:

Oh so true George Smile Smile etc. Your last line above, say's it all for me. Some may say Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes lol! lol! lol! Eye sign men know nothing Wink Wink but the feet brigade I suspect I'm  affraid know far less bounce bounce. For the newcomer's to our sport here who we must encourage to keep an open mind & just hope they all can make some sense out of it all, at days end. cheers

Your right there Knackered by eyesign started for me at the age of 8 and Im still learning

Well over 30 years and still trying but as you all know

I KNOW NOTHING

Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: eye for martyn and don   eye for martyn and don - Page 16 EmptyFri Mar 06, 2015 12:03 am

Rudderfett wrote:

Great little post Rudd Smile Smile Most I would say in our sport start off with their heads in the clouds etc. Most then soon learn the balancing trick "Family,work or other interests" & decide in their wisdom to come back to earth as they say, from my perspective. Pick any sport/hobby  Wink  Wink or even marbles Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes lol! lol! lol! & few are chosen to reach the icon status. cheers
Back to top Go down
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird
halcanada

PostSubject: Re: eye for martyn and don   eye for martyn and don - Page 16 EmptyFri Mar 06, 2015 8:05 am

I believe it is the fancier who makes it or breaks it. Eye sign is one of many routes to consistent results. Methods, feeding etc, all have there place. Some fanciers can fly very well with not so good birds. They are observant and utilise everything. Not one certain way at the expense of neglecting other aspects. JMO anyway.
Back to top Go down
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

PostSubject: Re: eye for martyn and don   eye for martyn and don - Page 16 EmptyFri Mar 06, 2015 8:49 am

what i'm trying to learn more about is the different colour of eyes not eye sign well just a little bit lol
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: eye for martyn and don   eye for martyn and don - Page 16 EmptyFri Mar 06, 2015 8:50 am

halcanada wrote:
I believe it is the fancier who makes it or breaks it. Eye sign is one of many routes to consistent results. Methods, feeding etc, all have there place. Some fanciers can fly very well with not so good birds. They are observant and utilise everything. Not one certain way at the expense of neglecting other aspects. JMO anyway.

I have to agree 110%

Eyesign is just one of the many theory's which surrounds this great sport
Back to top Go down
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

PostSubject: Re: eye for martyn and don   eye for martyn and don - Page 16 EmptyFri Mar 06, 2015 8:54 am

and the different colour of eyes don
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: eye for martyn and don   eye for martyn and don - Page 16 EmptyFri Mar 06, 2015 8:58 am

I know where your coming from but the best way to to sort that out is to look at pipa auctions and. See all the different types of eye then you can compare and make your own assumption George

Every one is different and every one has there own views but like I say

I know nothing
Back to top Go down
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

PostSubject: Re: eye for martyn and don   eye for martyn and don - Page 16 EmptyFri Mar 06, 2015 9:11 am

what i'm thinking more of is when you cross different families what colours should you not mix this with I like the nut brown eye is there any colour you should not pair to this
Back to top Go down
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

PostSubject: Re: eye for martyn and don   eye for martyn and don - Page 16 EmptyFri Mar 06, 2015 9:15 am

this is my favourite colour

eye for martyn and don - Page 16 87ab43f2-ee67-46a2-a3c7-28e4d89019ea_zpsjb727rd4
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: eye for martyn and don   eye for martyn and don - Page 16 EmptyFri Mar 06, 2015 10:53 pm

rainbow wrote:
what i'm thinking more of is when you cross different  families what    colours should you not  mix   this with I like the nut brown eye is there any colour you should not pair to this

Not from my point of view George Smile Smile if the legs Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes  (racing) have a top pedigree/performance attached there I would mate the above to just about anything. Even a Duck lol! lol! lol! if it was a fast one Wink Wink. cheers
Back to top Go down
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

PostSubject: Re: eye for martyn and don   eye for martyn and don - Page 16 EmptyFri Mar 06, 2015 11:01 pm

you can't judge a pigeon by it's legs if you are handed a pigeon do you hand the bird back and say I can't tell any thing about a pigeon or I don't know what to look for it's one or the other so knackered tell me what you look for in a pigeon
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: eye for martyn and don   eye for martyn and don - Page 16 EmptyFri Mar 06, 2015 11:25 pm

George that is a nice eye but I would pair this pigeon with a good deep violet eyed pigeon
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: eye for martyn and don   eye for martyn and don - Page 16 EmptyFri Mar 06, 2015 11:39 pm

rainbow wrote:
you can't judge a pigeon by it's legs if you are handed a pigeon  do you hand the bird back and say I can't tell any thing about a pigeon or I don't know what to look for it's one or the other  so knackered  tell me what you look for in a pigeon

Truth be told George Smile Smile I first look at the eye Wink Wink never in the loft tho but always outside etc. Fully inclosed eye small pupil & a strong outer ring to the eye & the characteristic's of my local family of birds here. Mainly yellow type eyes for me & not many bull type eyes as such. Then they have to handle like silk & when on the perch look as if the have half a brain  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes to do what's required. All things tho must be in balance bounce bounce & I'm even prepared to give a pigeon a chance with what some people would call a weak back, if it's looking the part as like many things in this caper surprises keep cropping up, from my experience.

Now !!! if the alien Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes has failed your test Wink Wink just send me to the sin bin lol! lol! lol! & after pentance I will attempt to improve, If you guide me Wink Wink. cheers
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: eye for martyn and don   eye for martyn and don - Page 16 EmptyFri Mar 06, 2015 11:41 pm

http://www.tourdesmaritimes.com/Eyesign/Eyesign101/Photos/Malcolm/Stan-Graham.jpg

this is the type of eye I mean when I say plenty of depth george
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: eye for martyn and don   eye for martyn and don - Page 16 EmptySat Mar 07, 2015 7:41 am

Don Webb wrote:
George that is a nice eye but I would pair this pigeon with a good deep violet eyed pigeon

Just thought I would do an Alfie here Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes  Smile  Smile etc & cheat lol! lol! lol!. Nothing of any sense to say, sadly bounce bounce bounce but just another one to my tally Wink Wink. cheers
Back to top Go down
Rudderfett
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rudderfett

PostSubject: Re: eye for martyn and don   eye for martyn and don - Page 16 EmptySat Mar 07, 2015 10:46 am

Don that eye will never be equalled mate.
Rainbow the eye you like is what I call chestnut and I usually associate it with racing and not breeding, Imo the only time it comes up as a breeder is when its all gold including the eye sign.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: eye for martyn and don   eye for martyn and don - Page 16 Empty

Back to top Go down

eye for martyn and don
Page 16 of 17Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17  Next