Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» overnight and multiple nights basket
eye for martyn and don Emptyby oldstrain Yesterday at 11:28 pm

» Good Morning
eye for martyn and don Emptyby David Yesterday at 12:00 pm

» Weather today
eye for martyn and don Emptyby David Yesterday at 11:59 am

» RPRA Auction
eye for martyn and don Emptyby David Sun Mar 17, 2024 2:04 pm

» First post on pigeon categories
eye for martyn and don Emptyby oldstrain Sat Mar 16, 2024 10:26 am

» Catching a pigeon
eye for martyn and don Emptyby oldstrain Sat Mar 16, 2024 10:25 am

» RPRA Latest .
eye for martyn and don Emptyby David Wed Mar 13, 2024 12:14 pm

» RPRA Levy ?
eye for martyn and don Emptyby David Wed Mar 13, 2024 11:43 am

» RPRA , WHAT DO THEY DO ?
eye for martyn and don Emptyby David Wed Mar 13, 2024 11:35 am

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) eye for martyn and don 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 45 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 45 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.eye for martyn and don Resise10
Top posting users this week
oldstrain
eye for martyn and don Vote_lcapeye for martyn and don Voting_bareye for martyn and don Vote_rcap 
David
eye for martyn and don Vote_lcapeye for martyn and don Voting_bareye for martyn and don Vote_rcap 
tanveerhbaig
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1293 registered users
The newest registered user is Meddy78

Our users have posted a total of 221833 messages in 13968 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
eye for martyn and don Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
eye for martyn and don Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

eye for martyn and don

Go down 
+8
cowandchicken
Don Webb
Knackered
Rudderfett
barnie
oldstrain
David
George & Morgan
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 17  Next
AuthorMessage
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

eye for martyn and don Empty
PostSubject: eye for martyn and don   eye for martyn and don EmptySat Jan 10, 2015 2:23 pm

martyn not sure what size eye pics should be a comment was made that this is the eye of a sprint bird i'm looking it to breed middle distance what's your thoughts

eye for martyn and don D5d358df-fe79-4faf-92e6-b9fc12374f0b_zps4f6fea81
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: eye for martyn and don   eye for martyn and don EmptySat Jan 10, 2015 7:36 pm

in my un qualified opinion George, it looks the type of eye your wanting, I wouldn't say its a distance eye, but then again I wouldn't say its and out and out sprint eye.......

JMO for what its worth, don't shoot me........ Razz
Back to top Go down
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

PostSubject: Re: eye for martyn and don   eye for martyn and don EmptySat Jan 10, 2015 7:54 pm

I don't think it's a sprint eye david
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: eye for martyn and don   eye for martyn and don EmptySat Jan 10, 2015 8:15 pm

keep a open mind with eyesign George don't get too bogged down with it ....cant see how anyone can determine how far a pigeon will race by its eye ...can they see weather forecasts and wind directions ,guts and stamina in a birds eye ...I think not jmo atb
Back to top Go down
barnie
Youngbird
Youngbird
barnie

PostSubject: Re: eye for martyn and don   eye for martyn and don EmptySat Jan 10, 2015 8:47 pm

Never got hooked on eyesign but still like to see a well defined strong eye as opposed to the washed out type.
Its a cracking diy photo George
Back to top Go down
Rudderfett
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rudderfett

PostSubject: Re: eye for martyn and don   eye for martyn and don EmptySat Jan 10, 2015 9:13 pm

I think its a good eye, what age is the bird? as its got a good developed sign always a good thing to see, if its just a youngster.

Its a pearl eye red base and a darkish correlation, so I would say more distance than anything else but typical of a janssen eye and similar to mine and they are sprint/middle.

But for me it has more the breeding eye than a racer, so if its for stock then your going to be happy.
Back to top Go down
Rudderfett
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rudderfett

PostSubject: Re: eye for martyn and don   eye for martyn and don EmptySat Jan 10, 2015 9:17 pm

I almost forgot the most important comment, that is it takes 2 so be careful what its paired to...post pics of eyes of possible mates and we can have a look.....just another thing some people have commented that you cant see what makes up a good bird by the eye, guts and heart are 2 of those and I totally agree those things are not in the eye.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: eye for martyn and don   eye for martyn and don EmptySat Jan 10, 2015 9:19 pm

barnie wrote:
Never got hooked on eyesign but still like to see a well defined strong eye as opposed to the washed out type.

I agree colin, its a very good DIY photo of the eye...........
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: eye for martyn and don   eye for martyn and don EmptySat Jan 10, 2015 9:29 pm

barnie wrote:

Same as you here Barnie Smile Smile as in relation to eyesign etc I would suspect  Wink  Wink  if one looks hard enough, one could find a similer type eye as above in sprint middle & long distance birds somewhere. Now !!!  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes as good as George is in taking photo's of birds I'm the complete opposite sadly. The other day here my wife here ask me to take her photo etc & when we looked at it  lol!  lol!  lol! it showed the ceiling unfortunately of our lounge room & nothing else & all that ??? may just give you all an insight to my Pseudonym  Wink  Wink . cheers
Back to top Go down
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

PostSubject: Re: eye for martyn and don   eye for martyn and don EmptySat Jan 10, 2015 9:29 pm

was a latebred 2013 sire was bred by mick betts out off his mnfc winner
Back to top Go down
Rudderfett
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rudderfett

PostSubject: Re: eye for martyn and don   eye for martyn and don EmptySat Jan 10, 2015 10:34 pm

I thought it was an older bird that's why I asked, the eye develops over time and ybs have a more wishy washy eye to begin with.
I hope it breeds you the goods, as I said looks a good eye for breeding.
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: eye for martyn and don   eye for martyn and don EmptySun Jan 11, 2015 12:35 am

Nice eye but I would say more a sprint to middle distance eye with sprint and distance lines

George if you are going to breed from it you would need a good strong eye like the one in Martyn's aviator picture with plenty of depth and character

But I would look for a good green or gold eye which are like gold bust but look for plenty of strength

But I know nothing
Back to top Go down
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

PostSubject: Re: eye for martyn and don   eye for martyn and don EmptySun Jan 11, 2015 7:08 am

that's both of us ha ha thanks don
Back to top Go down
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

PostSubject: Re: eye for martyn and don   eye for martyn and don EmptySun Jan 11, 2015 7:49 am

this is the eye from my gaby hen bred by dave Hawkins

eye for martyn and don 359184b2-9d91-4ed6-b89f-2edf444ac2f5_zps3ed08c71
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: eye for martyn and don   eye for martyn and don EmptySun Jan 11, 2015 8:27 am

rainbow wrote:
this is the eye from my gaby hen bred by dave Hawkins

eye for martyn and don 359184b2-9d91-4ed6-b89f-2edf444ac2f5_zps3ed08c71

MMMMMMMMmmmmmm Smile Smile I prefer George etc the eye to be enclosed more than that one. Maybe just the angle you took the picture there or you caught it on a bad day Wink Wink. All that being said, I dislike what I term pop eye pigeons. cheers
Back to top Go down
Rudderfett
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rudderfett

PostSubject: Re: eye for martyn and don   eye for martyn and don EmptySun Jan 11, 2015 9:18 am

I think your first time eye pics are very good, a good tip is don't go so close to the eye and it will be sharper, then on the computer get a good programme like photshop and zoom it after.
Again I will agree with Don a green or gold eye would be perfect to pair this with..I will change my avatar to an eye I would think will suit it.

If you look at my avatar now the eye you see although has a deep red iris base, the correlation and eye sign which is at the heart of the eye has a green and gold colour.

This eye is a breeding eye to complement yours, as yours is a white pearl with dark eye sign these 2 go perfectly. IMO. LOL.

If your wondering the avatar is a meulemans, which do have a rich red and almost any colour centre sign.
Back to top Go down
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

PostSubject: Re: eye for martyn and don   eye for martyn and don EmptySun Jan 11, 2015 12:25 pm

the cock that come with the hen I think has a yellow eye have now split the pair up and thanks for the advice
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: eye for martyn and don   eye for martyn and don EmptySun Jan 11, 2015 3:03 pm

George the best thing I would say about breeder eyes is when you look at that type of eye it's like looking at pea gravel in your hand all lumpy and bumpy with loads of valleys
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: eye for martyn and don   eye for martyn and don EmptySun Jan 11, 2015 3:04 pm

But I Know Nothing
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: eye for martyn and don   eye for martyn and don EmptySun Jan 11, 2015 3:06 pm

Martyn that a quality eye mate
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: eye for martyn and don   eye for martyn and don EmptySun Jan 11, 2015 11:19 pm

Don Webb wrote:
But I Know Nothing

Would Mr Know nothing Wink Wink or anybody else here ??? be able to post a bad eye etc Smile Smile. Just curious, type of thing bounce bounce bounce as I might just learn something. cheers
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: eye for martyn and don   eye for martyn and don EmptySun Jan 11, 2015 11:36 pm

this eye is no good knackered, no good for the stock loft........... Question Question Question study Idea

eye for martyn and don Jackbarkel_zps508e8e70
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: eye for martyn and don   eye for martyn and don EmptySun Jan 11, 2015 11:36 pm

[quote="Rudderfett"]I think your first time eye pics are very good, a good tip is don't go so close to the eye and it will be sharper, then on the computer get a good programme like photshop and zoom it after.
Again I will agree with Don a green or gold eye would be perfect to pair this with..I will change my avatar to an eye I would think will suit it.

If you look at my avatar now the eye you see although has a deep red iris base, the correlation and eye sign which is at the heart of the eye has a green and gold colour.

This eye is a breeding eye to complement yours, as yours is a white pearl with dark eye sign these 2 go perfectly. IMO. LOL.

Interesting Rudd "Thank's" Now !!!  Smile  Smile I take it you use an eye glass there when searching out these eyes etc & do you look at  them all when evaluating etc in the loft or out of the loft in the sun on a bright day.  cheers
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: eye for martyn and don   eye for martyn and don EmptySun Jan 11, 2015 11:48 pm

David wrote:
this eye is no good knackered, no good for the stock loft........... Question Question Question study Idea

eye for martyn and don Jackbarkel_zps508e8e70

Even for me  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes it looks somewhat of a mess David etc "Weak". There again Wink Wink if it dropped on the landing board first, after 12/13 hours on the wing I just wonder what I would think then. cheers
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: eye for martyn and don   eye for martyn and don EmptyMon Jan 12, 2015 12:03 am

according to jack barkel, theres not much chance of that knackered.........here is his verdict on it.

Weak Or Faulted Eyes.

The eye attached is a pearl eye, it's father is a Champion Yellow Eyed Stock Cock in a famous loft that is known world wide. He is paired with a pearl eyed hen that is faulted, in so much that the correlation runs right through the iris of the mother at 1-0-clock. The owner however does not want to believe me as some good birds have been produced from this mating. It is living on the quality genes of the sire, the hens off this mating are good having inherited solely from their father, the Cocks are a mixed lot of acceptable and rejects having inherited from both parents.

This eye has a pupil so large that one can drive a truck through it. It has a 50% composite sign super imposed which brands it as a racer. The Iris is none existent in places which proves my point that the correlation starts at the outer edge of the pupil and extends to the outer perimeter of the eye. Other than a fast short blow home race, this bird will not fly out of sight on a dark night. The lack of iris shows such deterioration that it should never be in a stock loft and yet it is???

This eye is rubbish and no bird with this type of eye can be anything but rubbish. I show this eye first, of all the condemned eyes because it is so easy to see it is an out and out reject. As we progress I will help those interested to define the border line cases. Some faulted eyes are not as easy to detect as this one.
Jack Barkel
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: eye for martyn and don   eye for martyn and don Empty

Back to top Go down

eye for martyn and don
Page 1 of 17Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 17  Next