Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» overnight and multiple nights basket
eye for martyn and don - Page 17 Emptyby oldstrain Yesterday at 11:28 pm

» Good Morning
eye for martyn and don - Page 17 Emptyby David Yesterday at 12:00 pm

» Weather today
eye for martyn and don - Page 17 Emptyby David Yesterday at 11:59 am

» RPRA Auction
eye for martyn and don - Page 17 Emptyby David Sun Mar 17, 2024 2:04 pm

» First post on pigeon categories
eye for martyn and don - Page 17 Emptyby oldstrain Sat Mar 16, 2024 10:26 am

» Catching a pigeon
eye for martyn and don - Page 17 Emptyby oldstrain Sat Mar 16, 2024 10:25 am

» RPRA Latest .
eye for martyn and don - Page 17 Emptyby David Wed Mar 13, 2024 12:14 pm

» RPRA Levy ?
eye for martyn and don - Page 17 Emptyby David Wed Mar 13, 2024 11:43 am

» RPRA , WHAT DO THEY DO ?
eye for martyn and don - Page 17 Emptyby David Wed Mar 13, 2024 11:35 am

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) eye for martyn and don - Page 17 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 49 users online :: 2 Registered, 0 Hidden and 47 Guests :: 2 Bots

George & Morgan, Knackered

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.eye for martyn and don - Page 17 Resise10
Top posting users this week
oldstrain
eye for martyn and don - Page 17 Vote_lcapeye for martyn and don - Page 17 Voting_bareye for martyn and don - Page 17 Vote_rcap 
David
eye for martyn and don - Page 17 Vote_lcapeye for martyn and don - Page 17 Voting_bareye for martyn and don - Page 17 Vote_rcap 
barnie
tanveerhbaig
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1293 registered users
The newest registered user is Meddy78

Our users have posted a total of 221833 messages in 13968 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
eye for martyn and don - Page 17 Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
eye for martyn and don - Page 17 Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

eye for martyn and don

Go down 
+8
cowandchicken
Don Webb
Knackered
Rudderfett
barnie
oldstrain
David
George & Morgan
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 15, 16, 17
AuthorMessage
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

eye for martyn and don - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: eye for martyn and don   eye for martyn and don - Page 17 EmptySat Mar 07, 2015 11:17 am

Knackered wrote:
Don Webb wrote:
George that is a nice eye but I would pair this pigeon with a good deep violet eyed pigeon

Just thought I would do an Alfie here Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes  Smile  Smile etc & cheat lol! lol! lol!. Nothing of any sense to say, sadly bounce bounce bounce but just another one to my tally Wink Wink. cheers

nowt wrong with cheating oz pirat my sidekick is a master at it lol! getting back to the birds winners come in all shapes and sizes ,viatality is the main thing for me pirat
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: eye for martyn and don   eye for martyn and don - Page 17 EmptySat Mar 07, 2015 7:22 pm

Rudderfett wrote:
Don that eye will never be equalled mate.
Rainbow the eye you like is what I call chestnut and I usually associate it with racing and not breeding, Imo the only time it comes up as a breeder is when its all gold including the eye sign.

I understand Martyn but for me to get the best from that type of eye you would need something special but will agree with it being a racing eye
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: eye for martyn and don   eye for martyn and don - Page 17 EmptySat Mar 07, 2015 8:18 pm

Don Webb wrote:
http://www.tourdesmaritimes.com/Eyesign/Eyesign101/Photos/Malcolm/Stan-Graham.jpg

this is the type of eye I mean when I say plenty of depth george

certainly is a striking eye
Back to top Go down
mufc rick
Youngbird
Youngbird
mufc rick

PostSubject: Re: eye for martyn and don   eye for martyn and don - Page 17 EmptySat Mar 07, 2015 8:31 pm

for me its a strange looking eye kind of mysterious but imo its just an eye ive got a few yearling with the same kind of eye bred down from my first winners .if I was looking at that eye and a bright yellow or gold it wouldn't get a second look can u pls enlighten me, and this is curiosty not being smart thx Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: eye for martyn and don   eye for martyn and don - Page 17 EmptySat Mar 07, 2015 11:55 pm

Don Webb wrote:
Rudderfett wrote:
Don that eye will never be equalled mate.
Rainbow the eye you like is what I call chestnut and I usually associate it with racing and not breeding, Imo the only time it comes up as a breeder is when its all gold including the eye sign.

I understand Martyn but for me to get the best from that type of eye you would need something special but will agree with it being a racing eye

Martyn when reading the post, I noticed the way it read as the eye I was talking about was Rainbows eye I would pair to the eye type I posted hope I did not confused confused the matter
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: eye for martyn and don   eye for martyn and don - Page 17 EmptySat Mar 07, 2015 11:59 pm

mufc rick wrote:
for me its a strange looking eye kind of mysterious but imo its just an eye ive got a few yearling with the same kind of eye bred down  from my first winners .if I was looking at that eye and a bright yellow or gold it wouldn't get a second look can u pls enlighten me, and this is curiosty not being smart thx Very Happy

Rick think it's time for a few more Stella's mate before Eyesign starts to make a little sense confused confused confused

But I know nothing mate
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: eye for martyn and don   eye for martyn and don - Page 17 EmptySun Mar 08, 2015 12:04 am

oldstrain wrote:
Knackered wrote:
Don Webb wrote:
George that is a nice eye but I would pair this pigeon with a good deep violet eyed pigeon

Just thought I would do an Alfie here Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes  Smile  Smile etc & cheat lol! lol! lol!. Nothing of any sense to say, sadly bounce bounce bounce but just another one to my tally Wink Wink. cheers

nowt wrong with cheating oz pirat my sidekick is a master at it lol! getting back to the birds winners come in all shapes and sizes ,viatality is the main thing for me pirat

True about the vitalty bit O/S Wink Wink it really can overcome short comings in other areas with our birds, when we race them if they have it etc. Now !!! lol! lol! lol! whisper in Don's ear will you Smile Smile & tell him to stop posting for the moment, as I wish to win the big prize on offer for the week. 25 tonnes of pigeon sh**e Smile Smile  etc as I have an old mate/toss partner who I would just love to drop the lot on top of him  Wink  Wink . cheers
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: eye for martyn and don   eye for martyn and don - Page 17 EmptySun Mar 08, 2015 12:08 am

Ok knackered you should have said I don't want to stop you from collecting this fabulous prize cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: eye for martyn and don   eye for martyn and don - Page 17 EmptyMon Mar 23, 2015 11:23 pm

Don Webb wrote:
Ok knackered you should have said I don't want to stop you from collecting this fabulous prize cheers cheers cheers

March the 8th Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes lol! lol! lol! have we all run out of puff etc Wink Wink here. Anyone Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes have any new eye's to post, for a learner. cheers
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: eye for martyn and don   eye for martyn and don - Page 17 EmptyTue Mar 24, 2015 12:34 am

Come on knackered put some of your pigeon eyes on here just like Halcanada does
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: eye for martyn and don   eye for martyn and don - Page 17 EmptyTue Mar 24, 2015 4:53 am

Don Webb wrote:
Come on knackered put some of your pigeon eyes on here just like Halcanada does

Alright Don Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes I will give it my best shot & here they
are etc now Blank blank blank lol! lol! lol!. Not having unfortunately Hal's skill level sadly I'm affraid thats about the best I could do, as hard as I tried type of thing here. With all the above being said bounce bounce here I'm still open to all sensible comments as to which are distance/spint type eyes out of my 3 choices Wink Wink above. cheers
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: eye for martyn and don   eye for martyn and don - Page 17 EmptyTue Mar 24, 2015 8:56 am

Your comment is accepted but from I can see is very difficult to judge as the eye is very open and showing loads of different signs which I have not seen before bounce lol! affraid

Knackered I am very interested in seeing what type of youngster you would breed is this the new universal breed everyone is looking for ???
Back to top Go down
Rudderfett
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rudderfett

PostSubject: Re: eye for martyn and don   eye for martyn and don - Page 17 EmptyTue Mar 24, 2015 10:31 pm

Just out of interest for everyone here is something I recently found out about..maybe you all know it already but I didn't.

As we all talk about eye sign and such, some agree with it and others not but however far fetched it all seems to some and I say some because mostly the disagreement seems to come from over the water, like in Holland and Belg.

But when I saw that the people I so admire use a system which to me seems mental to asses breeding birds by, and that's breeding feathers? They look under the wing for a group of feathers think there are 3 which should be in a certain order to make them breeders.

Now Im not going to totally debunk this because as an eye sign man which is after all a theory they entitled to their opinion, but I cannot say to my way of thinking this could ever make a difference.

Has anyone else seen this and what do they think about breeding feathers...???
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: eye for martyn and don   eye for martyn and don - Page 17 EmptyTue Mar 24, 2015 10:32 pm

Don Webb wrote:
Your comment is accepted but from I can see is very difficult to judge as the eye is very open and showing loads of different signs which I have not seen before bounce lol! affraid

Knackered I am very interested in seeing what type of youngster you would breed is this the new universal breed everyone is looking for ???

I would surely hope not Don Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes "universal breed" as the blank blank blank senaro etc here sadly is what most of mine bounce bounce have between there ears, if truth be told lol! lol! lol!. cheers
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: eye for martyn and don   eye for martyn and don - Page 17 EmptyTue Mar 24, 2015 10:34 pm

not heard of this before martyn ...just another theory as you state
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: eye for martyn and don   eye for martyn and don - Page 17 EmptyTue Mar 24, 2015 10:59 pm

Rudderfett wrote:
Just out of interest for everyone here is something I recently found out about..maybe you all know it already but I didn't.

As we all talk about eye sign and such, some agree with it and others not but however far fetched it all seems to some and I say some because mostly the disagreement seems to come from over the water, like in Holland and Belg.

But when I saw that the people I so admire use a system which to me seems mental to asses breeding birds by, and that's breeding feathers? They look under the wing for a group of feathers think there are 3 which should be in a certain order to make them breeders.

Now Im not going to totally debunk this because as an eye sign man which is after all a theory they entitled to their opinion, but I cannot say to my way of thinking this could ever make a difference.

Yes Rudd Smile Smile the 3/4 feather trick  Wink  Wink"Long & square" has it's follows etc. Silver Toye, was the first man to explain to me in full down here at a seminar years ago. Also a top SA flyer here (now dead) Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes I'm having a seniors moment  Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad & for the life of me I carn't think of his name, but K  Smile  Smile  would know him well, as he was a Icon in the sport here & I have his blood in my birds even today & he was a follower. To be fair  Smile  Smile  when judging a distance pigeon I would go 50/50 between that & the eye Wink Wink but I also lol! lol! lol! would never forget all the other bits & pieces that play a part as such Wink Wink. cheers

Took an hour Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes but at last the brain twigged Wink Wink Pryor was the SA flyer above.

Last edited by Knackered on Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: eye for martyn and don   eye for martyn and don - Page 17 EmptyTue Mar 24, 2015 11:16 pm

Rudderfett wrote:

Martyn the three feather they are talking about very short and when you look at them it's as if they have been cut in a straight line with a pair of scissors

The first person to use this method was Bill Carney every time you watched Bill he would flick the wing up by the wing butt

The old hen that I talk a lot about which bred a lot of good pigeons had the 3 small feathers which you are talking about

If you have the book Untold Secrets of Champions it also has a picture in that book

When you look under the wing the three flights lol seprate from the wing feathers and you can move them with freely with your index finger but you will have them which are long and pointy but I like to see the 3 flights bold and short

Martyn I look at it also
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: eye for martyn and don   eye for martyn and don - Page 17 EmptyTue Mar 24, 2015 11:24 pm

Knackered wrote:
Don Webb wrote:

I would surely hope not Don Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes "universal breed" as the blank blank blank senaro etc here sadly is what most of mine bounce bounce have between there ears, if truth be told lol! lol! lol!. cheers

That's the name of you new breed Universal Black Hole cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

PostSubject: Re: eye for martyn and don   eye for martyn and don - Page 17 EmptyTue Mar 24, 2015 11:25 pm

martyn can you show the photo thanks
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: eye for martyn and don   eye for martyn and don - Page 17 EmptyWed Mar 25, 2015 7:39 am

Don Webb wrote:
Rudderfett wrote:

Martyn the three feather they are talking about very short and when you look at them it's as if they have been cut in a straight line with a pair of scissors

The first person to use this method was Bill Carney every time you watched Bill he would flick the wing up by the wing butt

The old hen that I talk a lot about which bred a lot of good pigeons had the 3 small feathers which you are talking about

If you have the book Untold Secrets of Champions it also has a picture in that book

When you look under the wing the three flights lol seprate from the wing feathers and you can move them with freely with your index finger but you will have them which are long and pointy but I like to see the 3 flights bold and short

Martyn I look at it also

Alright Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes enough is enough etc 2 know nothings  lol!  lol!  lol! have differant views on this one. As such, & so we don't drag this one out like the eye sign senaro  bounce  bounce I propose a comprimise to settle it one way or the other Don, so you arrange time & place & it will be pistols at 20 paces Wink Wink & we will see who is correct with their assumption. Now !!!  Smile  Smile did you twig I mentioned the 4th  feather. Did Mr Carney have anything to say about that one, like Silver Toye. cheers
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: eye for martyn and don   eye for martyn and don - Page 17 EmptyWed Mar 25, 2015 9:04 am

Knackered wrote:
Don Webb wrote:
Rudderfett wrote:

Martyn I look at it also

Alright Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes enough is enough etc 2 know nothings  lol!  lol!  lol! have differant views on this one. As such, & so we don't drag this one out like the eye sign senaro  bounce  bounce I propose a comprimise to settle it one way or the other Don, so you arrange time & place & it will be pistols at 20 paces Wink Wink & we will see who is correct with their assumption. Now !!!  Smile  Smile did you twig I mentioned the 4th  feather. Did Mr Carney have anything to say about that one, like Silver Toye. cheers

I can't comment about Mr Toye as I have never meet the man in person to discuss this theory

As for the 20 paces I would prefer to put a pair of boxing gloves on over 12 or 15 rounds the fittest wins lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Rudderfett
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rudderfett

PostSubject: Re: eye for martyn and don   eye for martyn and don - Page 17 EmptyWed Mar 25, 2015 5:24 pm

I have only heared of this and don't know a thing about it...so pictures please lads,as I haven't a glue.
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: eye for martyn and don   eye for martyn and don - Page 17 EmptyWed Mar 25, 2015 10:58 pm

Don Webb wrote:
Knackered wrote:
Don Webb wrote:
Rudderfett wrote:

Martyn I look at it also

I can't comment about Mr Toye as I have never meet the man in person to discuss this theory

As for the 20 paces I would prefer to put a pair of boxing gloves on over 12 or 15 rounds the fittest wins lol! lol! lol!

lol!lol!lol! talk about taking an advantage of a bloke etc Don Smile Smile 12/15 rounds. Some times tho ???  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes some can be misled by ones pseudonym Wink Wink & what may appear to be an advantage bounce bounce bounce may not be so at times, if the above challenge was accepted Wink Wink. cheers
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: eye for martyn and don   eye for martyn and don - Page 17 EmptyWed Mar 25, 2015 11:37 pm

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: eye for martyn and don   eye for martyn and don - Page 17 Empty

Back to top Go down

eye for martyn and don
Page 17 of 17Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 15, 16, 17