Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Weather today
grit and minerals Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 11:04 pm

» 2 ybs gifted out to-day
grit and minerals Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 10:49 pm

» Good Morning
grit and minerals Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 10:34 pm

» good luck weekend
grit and minerals Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 10:30 pm

» escaped birds return
grit and minerals Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 10:24 pm

» Scandalous .......
grit and minerals Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 12:23 am

» RPRA Race Program
grit and minerals Emptyby Knackered Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:49 pm

» RPRA Rule Book
grit and minerals Emptyby Knackered Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:41 pm

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
grit and minerals Emptyby David Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:25 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) grit and minerals 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 82 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 82 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.grit and minerals Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
grit and minerals Vote_lcapgrit and minerals Voting_bargrit and minerals Vote_rcap 
David
grit and minerals Vote_lcapgrit and minerals Voting_bargrit and minerals Vote_rcap 
Knackered
oldstrain
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1296 registered users
The newest registered user is nelsa19ira

Our users have posted a total of 222602 messages in 14001 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
grit and minerals Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
grit and minerals Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

grit and minerals

Go down 
+3
EssexSteve
mufc rick
oldstrain
7 posters
AuthorMessage
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

grit and minerals Empty
PostSubject: grit and minerals   grit and minerals EmptyThu Oct 29, 2015 3:26 pm

what do you give and how often ...Alfie takes great pride in this chore Laughing we put 4 clay pots inside a small feeder 1 has oyster shell 1 has redstone 1 has black mineral 1 has pink mineral and clay block is given weekends ...what do other members use

Back to top Go down
mufc rick
Youngbird
Youngbird
mufc rick

grit and minerals Empty
PostSubject: Re: grit and minerals   grit and minerals EmptyThu Oct 29, 2015 3:59 pm

I make my own mix up consists of mixed grit , back and red minerals , clay block , linseed ,and sea salt only a little .they get it every day changed every 2days Very Happy
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

grit and minerals Empty
PostSubject: Re: grit and minerals   grit and minerals EmptyThu Oct 29, 2015 4:41 pm

sounds good to me ric Wink
Back to top Go down
EssexSteve
Youngbird
Youngbird
EssexSteve

grit and minerals Empty
PostSubject: Re: grit and minerals   grit and minerals EmptyThu Oct 29, 2015 8:00 pm

Matrix, poultry spice and pickstone twice a week.
Ropa B on the corn 3 times a week.
Cyder vineger twice a week and Garlic twice a week.
Back to top Go down
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

grit and minerals Empty
PostSubject: Re: grit and minerals   grit and minerals EmptyThu Oct 29, 2015 11:18 pm

thinking should I reply to this post about grit better not lol!
Back to top Go down
shippy
Hatchling
Hatchling

grit and minerals Empty
PostSubject: Re: grit and minerals   grit and minerals EmptyFri Oct 30, 2015 9:01 am

we make our own mix and put a little in each section daily Very Happy
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

grit and minerals Empty
PostSubject: Re: grit and minerals   grit and minerals EmptyFri Oct 30, 2015 9:46 am

shippy wrote:

whats in it shippy if ya don't mind me asking
Back to top Go down
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

grit and minerals Empty
PostSubject: Re: grit and minerals   grit and minerals EmptyFri Oct 30, 2015 11:25 am

I read were in USA they had done trials on birds kept in loft for 2 years and not fed any grit what they did discover was that pigeons use juices in the stomach to digest and break down the corn not grit what I've been trying to do is find the university to find out the results so far before you say birds need grit every day they don't get grit in a holdover no mater how long the holdover lasts and still fly home which could be 500mls or more I don't feed girt but sometime I may give a little small flint chick grit but not often one thing I do give is cress 3 times a week which is full of vitamins and minerals
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

grit and minerals Empty
PostSubject: Re: grit and minerals   grit and minerals EmptyFri Oct 30, 2015 11:33 am

EssexSteve wrote:
Matrix, poultry spice and pickstone twice a week.
Ropa B on the corn 3 times a week.
Cyder vineger twice a week and Garlic twice a week.

there isn't enough days in the week for all that steve............. lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird
halcanada

grit and minerals Empty
PostSubject: Re: grit and minerals   grit and minerals EmptyFri Oct 30, 2015 3:54 pm

Back to top Go down
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

grit and minerals Empty
PostSubject: Re: grit and minerals   grit and minerals EmptyFri Oct 30, 2015 4:19 pm

is the date 1948 correct for the paper
Back to top Go down
shippy
Hatchling
Hatchling

grit and minerals Empty
PostSubject: Re: grit and minerals   grit and minerals EmptySat Oct 31, 2015 9:41 am

oldstrain wrote:
shippy wrote:

old strain we use a tub same size as matrix we put 3/4 of tub of mixed grit 1/3 of a little bag of pink minerals and 2 clay blocks crumbled into it and mix well
Back to top Go down
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird
halcanada

grit and minerals Empty
PostSubject: Re: grit and minerals   grit and minerals EmptySat Oct 31, 2015 5:20 pm

1948 yes.
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

grit and minerals Empty
PostSubject: Re: grit and minerals   grit and minerals EmptySat Oct 31, 2015 5:29 pm

shippy wrote:
oldstrain wrote:
shippy wrote:

old strain we use a tub same size as matrix we put 3/4 of tub of mixed grit 1/3 of a little bag of pink minerals and 2 clay blocks crumbled into it and mix well

Wink thanks
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

grit and minerals Empty
PostSubject: Re: grit and minerals   grit and minerals Empty

Back to top Go down

grit and minerals
Page 1 of 1