Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Good Morning
What are you feeding your birds Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 2:06 am

» come join us
What are you feeding your birds Emptyby David Yesterday at 10:21 am

» Weather today
What are you feeding your birds Emptyby David Yesterday at 9:45 am

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
What are you feeding your birds Emptyby David Tue May 14, 2024 8:20 pm

» York Road & District Results 2024
What are you feeding your birds Emptyby David Tue May 14, 2024 8:19 pm

» RPRA Partnerships
What are you feeding your birds Emptyby David Sun May 12, 2024 11:48 am

» BHW Subscriptions
What are you feeding your birds Emptyby David Sat May 11, 2024 10:36 pm

» King removes Patronage
What are you feeding your birds Emptyby David Thu May 09, 2024 8:46 pm

» escaped birds return
What are you feeding your birds Emptyby David Thu May 09, 2024 10:25 am

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) What are you feeding your birds 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 13 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 13 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.What are you feeding your birds Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
What are you feeding your birds Vote_lcapWhat are you feeding your birds Voting_barWhat are you feeding your birds Vote_rcap 
David
What are you feeding your birds Vote_lcapWhat are you feeding your birds Voting_barWhat are you feeding your birds Vote_rcap 
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1297 registered users
The newest registered user is tharunjohar50

Our users have posted a total of 222847 messages in 14006 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
What are you feeding your birds Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
What are you feeding your birds Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

What are you feeding your birds

Go down 
+6
fieldwalker
redrog
jet2013uk
oldstrain
markevans
blueskylofts
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
blueskylofts
Youngbird
Youngbird
blueskylofts

What are you feeding your birds Empty
PostSubject: What are you feeding your birds   What are you feeding your birds EmptyMon Feb 12, 2018 6:07 am

I was wondering what you guys are feeding your birds -

When they are sitting eggs?

and

When they are feeding babies?

Phil
Back to top Go down
http://www.philongold.net
markevans
Youngbird
Youngbird
markevans

PostSubject: Re: What are you feeding your birds   What are you feeding your birds EmptyMon Feb 12, 2018 7:50 am

At the moment they are on 50/50 bamfords multi task and natural 4 seasons 100% 4seasons when sitting and 50/50 multi task and premier gold when feedimg
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: What are you feeding your birds   What are you feeding your birds EmptyMon Feb 12, 2018 9:02 am

versa laga start plus with 20% wheat added and 10% g10 pellets when they start hatching out the wheat will be taken out
Back to top Go down
jet2013uk
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: What are you feeding your birds   What are you feeding your birds EmptyMon Feb 12, 2018 11:20 am

When they're sitting and feeding We feed best all round pal
Back to top Go down
redrog
Youngbird
Youngbird
redrog

PostSubject: Re: What are you feeding your birds   What are you feeding your birds EmptyMon Feb 12, 2018 1:45 pm

multi task/breed&wean/breeder moulting, a shovel of each and stir
Back to top Go down
fieldwalker
Youngbird
Youngbird
fieldwalker

PostSubject: Re: What are you feeding your birds   What are you feeding your birds EmptyMon Feb 12, 2018 2:24 pm

Sitting am layer and bos pellets barley linseed pm 4seasons
Hatch to weaning am first feed 4seasons plus peas mid morning layers bos linseed.
Pm 4seasons peas 50/50 then pot of peas in each box once starting to feather...
Back to top Go down
blueskylofts
Youngbird
Youngbird
blueskylofts

PostSubject: Re: What are you feeding your birds   What are you feeding your birds EmptyMon Feb 12, 2018 7:01 pm

Very interesting answers - thanks

Phil
Back to top Go down
http://www.philongold.net
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: What are you feeding your birds   What are you feeding your birds EmptyMon Feb 12, 2018 7:16 pm

im feeding 25% depurative, 75% vanrobys all round to those paired up or sitting eggs, for those feeding young birds I`m feeding gem breeding mix, with g10 pellets mixed.
Back to top Go down
fieldwalker
Youngbird
Youngbird
fieldwalker

PostSubject: Re: What are you feeding your birds   What are you feeding your birds EmptyMon Feb 12, 2018 7:20 pm

David wrote:
im feeding 25% depurative, 75% vanrobys all round to those paired up or sitting eggs, for those feeding young birds I`m feeding gem breeding mix, with g10 pellets mixed.

you only have 1 yb or have i missed a post? you could take it home with you and make
its dinner.... lol!
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: What are you feeding your birds   What are you feeding your birds EmptyMon Feb 12, 2018 7:28 pm

fieldwalker wrote:
David wrote:

you only have 1 yb or have i missed a post? you could take it home with you and make
its dinner.... lol!

SuspectSuspectSuspect I don't tell all my secrets fieldy........ Razz Razz lol! lol! flower study

p.s. ybs are very much like mice, there`s never just one ..... lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: What are you feeding your birds   What are you feeding your birds EmptyTue Feb 13, 2018 12:07 am

fieldwalker wrote:
Sitting am layer and bos pellets barley linseed pm 4seasons
Hatch to weaning am first feed 4seasons plus peas mid morning layers bos linseed.
Pm 4seasons peas 50/50 then pot of peas in each box once starting to feather...
Old school way FW Wink Wink etc I suggest. Peas, peas & peas Smile Smile & a few other little treats thrown in for the interest/enjoyment factor it appears. cheers
Back to top Go down
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird
halcanada

PostSubject: Re: What are you feeding your birds   What are you feeding your birds EmptyTue Feb 13, 2018 12:18 am

Nesting etc,. Just a basic regular mix. Cheap. Few days before hatching add Safflower, peanuts, sunflower or any oil seeds. See what your birds are leaving. In my case usually peas. Same when weaned. I do not care what studies show! Too much protien is not good for them in my opinion. With peas and beans they get a build up of a bad acid or such from what I read. Do not resrach it that much any more. The parents know best. What I have found is that the addition of brown rice, (mine comes from Australia) is as good a health builder as anything else on the market. Unhulled. Get it from the local big grocery store. Little more expensive than white rice but well worth it! Not much needed either. Usually in a racing mix I sometimes buy but intend to add more to the mix this year.
Back to top Go down
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird
halcanada

PostSubject: Re: What are you feeding your birds   What are you feeding your birds EmptyTue Feb 13, 2018 12:20 am

Knackered. I imagine it is what they are used to.
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: What are you feeding your birds   What are you feeding your birds EmptyTue Feb 13, 2018 12:39 am

halcanada wrote:
Nesting etc,. Just a basic regular mix. Cheap. Few days before hatching add Safflower, peanuts, sunflower or any oil seeds. See what your birds are leaving. In my case usually peas. Same when weaned. I do not care what studies show! Too much protien is not good for them in my opinion. With peas and beans they get a build up of a bad acid or such from what I read. Do not resrach it that much any more. The parents know best. What I have found is that the addition of brown rice, (mine comes from Australia) is as good a health builder as anything else on the market. Unhulled. Get it from the local big grocery store. Little more expensive than white rice but well worth it! Not much needed either. Usually in a racing mix I sometimes buy but intend to add more to the mix this year.
Always have a good lol! lol! lol! at times Hal  Smile  Smile when I read the science factor side to do with our pigeons etc when feeding. For me Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes waffle of the highest order I would suggest on average Wink Wink. Basic standard cheap mix as we well know Smile Smile with a few little treats as such will bring success if all else is in place with our birds, even if going against what the science factor brigade or even the big pigeon grain suppliers some how tell us it may be all wrong as such Smile Smile. Now Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes no peanuts/rice for me Hal I'm affraid just out of my price/bracket range here, with my little flock. cheers
Back to top Go down
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird
halcanada

PostSubject: Re: What are you feeding your birds   What are you feeding your birds EmptyTue Feb 13, 2018 12:45 am

Peanuts are relatively cheap here. Safflower cheaper. I prefer Safflower to peanuts. Brown rice should be cheap there? You folks grow it.
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: What are you feeding your birds   What are you feeding your birds EmptyTue Feb 13, 2018 1:12 am

halcanada wrote:
Peanuts are relatively cheap here. Safflower cheaper. I prefer Safflower to peanuts. Brown rice should be cheap there? You folks grow it.
Your wrong Hal Smile Smile all the above cost an arm & a leg type of thing here Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes. Free trade thing I suspect Wink Wink make the locals pay big, big time Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad & flog it off cheap, cheap cheap to other countries I'm affraid to build up the trade issue side. cheers
Back to top Go down
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird
halcanada

PostSubject: Re: What are you feeding your birds   What are you feeding your birds EmptyTue Feb 13, 2018 1:18 am

I stand corrected. UK is doing the Brexit thing and workers are paying for it. Yet from income earned, retirement ratio is 28%? Not sure. Canada is 53% and there are many countries ahead of us.
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: What are you feeding your birds   What are you feeding your birds EmptyTue Feb 13, 2018 9:39 am

halcanada wrote:

I agree about the peas and beans ...also the ybs take an age to get off the loft roof once weaned,a balanced mix everytime for me
Back to top Go down
fieldwalker
Youngbird
Youngbird
fieldwalker

PostSubject: Re: What are you feeding your birds   What are you feeding your birds EmptyTue Feb 13, 2018 9:51 am

waiting of a delivery of harringtons optimum pellets,im going to try them out on the stock loft
just a pot full to see how they go.
trying them on a recommendation of a good distance flier at the distance...
'' at the distance they just HOP in' scratch
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: What are you feeding your birds   What are you feeding your birds EmptyTue Feb 13, 2018 6:49 pm

fieldwalker wrote:
waiting of a delivery of harringtons optimum pellets,im going to try them out on the stock loft

what are they fieldy, never heard of them........... scratch
Back to top Go down
fieldwalker
Youngbird
Youngbird
fieldwalker

PostSubject: Re: What are you feeding your birds   What are you feeding your birds EmptyTue Feb 13, 2018 7:35 pm

rabbit pellets 14% protein minerals vits and '' greens'' iv been reading about a few fanciers using them.
so thought id try them myself, id be hopping mad not too study
Back to top Go down
jonD
Chipping
Chipping

PostSubject: Re: What are you feeding your birds   What are you feeding your birds EmptyTue Feb 13, 2018 7:39 pm

I just feed farm corn when not racing, wheat barley oats peas and beans , up the barley when sitting then when feeding its a mix of oats wheat peas and beans but also don't what too much protean as don't want to force ybs growth, might also mix handful of breeding mix through the farm corn but keep off the maze untill ybs leave the nest
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: What are you feeding your birds   What are you feeding your birds EmptyTue Feb 13, 2018 8:39 pm

jonD wrote:
I just feed farm corn when not racing, wheat barley oats peas and beans , up the barley when sitting then when feeding its a mix of oats wheat peas and beans but also don't what too much protean as don't want to force ybs growth, might also mix handful of breeding mix through the farm corn but keep off the maze untill ybs leave the nest
Smile Smile Another porridge type man I see JonD Wink Wink. Same, same here bounce bounce with the maize as such & the beans here etc, are replaced by peas Smile Smile because of the cost factor. cheers
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: What are you feeding your birds   What are you feeding your birds EmptyTue Feb 13, 2018 8:46 pm

fieldwalker wrote:
MMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmm Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Smile Smile lol! lol! lol! why not just throw in a bag of carrots also FW bounce bounce I suggest. You maybe could just get an extra hop or two there in the final mile etc Smile Smile. cheers
Back to top Go down
fieldwalker
Youngbird
Youngbird
fieldwalker

PostSubject: Re: What are you feeding your birds   What are you feeding your birds EmptyTue Feb 13, 2018 8:57 pm

be good for night fliers dont see many rabbits with glasses....well maybe in oz rabbit rabbit
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What are you feeding your birds   What are you feeding your birds Empty

Back to top Go down

What are you feeding your birds
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next