Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Weather today
o dear o dear....... Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 9:39 am

» escaped birds return
o dear o dear....... Emptyby Knackered Today at 9:22 am

» good luck weekend
o dear o dear....... Emptyby Knackered Today at 9:16 am

» York Road & District Results 2024
o dear o dear....... Emptyby Knackered Today at 9:10 am

» Good Morning
o dear o dear....... Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 8:15 am

» 2 ybs gifted out to-day
o dear o dear....... Emptyby Knackered Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:49 pm

» Scandalous .......
o dear o dear....... Emptyby Knackered Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:23 am

» RPRA Race Program
o dear o dear....... Emptyby Knackered Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:49 pm

» RPRA Rule Book
o dear o dear....... Emptyby Knackered Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:41 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) o dear o dear....... 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 116 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 116 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.o dear o dear....... Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
o dear o dear....... Vote_lcapo dear o dear....... Voting_baro dear o dear....... Vote_rcap 
David
o dear o dear....... Vote_lcapo dear o dear....... Voting_baro dear o dear....... Vote_rcap 
Knackered
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1296 registered users
The newest registered user is nelsa19ira

Our users have posted a total of 222665 messages in 14001 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
o dear o dear....... Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
o dear o dear....... Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

o dear o dear.......

Go down 
+2
David
notykinlofts
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
notykinlofts
Hatchling
Hatchling
notykinlofts

o dear o dear....... Empty
PostSubject: o dear o dear.......   o dear o dear....... EmptySun May 09, 2010 8:28 pm

cant beleave it my birds were 25mins behind everyone else only got two racers left before our 1st chanel race.think i be sending all my birds over to sort them out.
Back to top Go down
http://marks-white-dove-release.co.uk
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: o dear o dear.......   o dear o dear....... EmptySun May 09, 2010 9:06 pm

mark, why dont you give a run down on your system and every day management, then our members might see if you could do something differently to get them coming better.......? worth a try....... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
notykinlofts
Hatchling
Hatchling
notykinlofts

PostSubject: Re: o dear o dear.......   o dear o dear....... EmptyTue May 11, 2010 9:31 pm

im having them tested by a vet next week to see if there is anything wrong with them if not its the bin lol.start with new birds.
Back to top Go down
notykinlofts
Hatchling
Hatchling
notykinlofts

PostSubject: Re: o dear o dear.......   o dear o dear....... EmptyTue May 11, 2010 9:35 pm

i do roudabout i race on a sat then again in our mid week 100 mile club. i use the mid week as a training toss cheeper the petrol .i did this system for years and never been this slow never been grate racers ether but a bit better then this as normal.so will have them ckecked out to be honest its past the time i started with some new birds,
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: o dear o dear.......   o dear o dear....... EmptyTue May 11, 2010 10:15 pm

Mark think the rest will do them good
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: o dear o dear.......   o dear o dear....... EmptyWed May 12, 2010 9:00 pm

mark i think there are many things you need to consider as to why they are not performing for you, if the birds were never top birds which win races..........if it was me i would source the best birds i could off a fancier who is winning well, and also breeding winners for others. Very Happy otherwise if they are good birds you have, then look to your management and see if you are doing something wrong.
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: o dear o dear.......   o dear o dear....... EmptyWed May 12, 2010 10:38 pm

if they are not performing get them tested see what the problem is its probably something small but thats all it takes , theres a fine line with racing pigeons the have to be spot on health and fitness wise
Back to top Go down
steve1952
Youngbird
Youngbird
steve1952

PostSubject: Re: o dear o dear.......   o dear o dear....... EmptyThu May 13, 2010 12:12 am

DAVID wrote:
mark i think there are many things you need to consider as to why they are not performing for you, if the birds were never top birds which win races..........if it was me i would source the best birds i could off a fancier who is winning well, and also breeding winners for others. Very Happy otherwise if they are good birds you have, then look to your management and see if you are doing something wrong.
my comments im not having a dig at anybody, management is a possibility but mark has been flying years, possible new blood in his birds needed, if mark decides to start afresh were all mates on this forum i for 1 will help with either stock or y/bs mark, and im certain more will do same, a lot of expense starting afresh, ive been given and ive gave hopefully good birds, time will tell, even if its good advise to mark lets get together as a forum team, best of luck mark
Back to top Go down
notykinlofts
Hatchling
Hatchling
notykinlofts

PostSubject: Re: o dear o dear.......   o dear o dear....... EmptyThu May 13, 2010 9:57 am

DAVID wrote:

yes david i have just got some birds of one of the top flyers in our club he has told me that he couldnt have given me better birds then that. so i will fase mine out and bread from his only.
Back to top Go down
steve1952
Youngbird
Youngbird
steve1952

PostSubject: Re: o dear o dear.......   o dear o dear....... EmptyThu May 13, 2010 7:06 pm

best of luck with new birds mark
Back to top Go down
kev d
Youngbird
Youngbird
kev d

PostSubject: Re: o dear o dear.......   o dear o dear....... EmptyThu May 13, 2010 8:44 pm

hi mark , i would not faise out all your old stock in a hurry keep just a few back
as for getting new stock or yb i think you can,t beat getting them off mates you made on here
ive given away 18 yb since last season i just like them to get them raced under different systems .
also ive been helped out as well from two members of other sites with new stock all you have to do is ask
like you said i also not a top flyer but i got good honest hard working pigeons if you want some for next season just send me a pm you can have them off what i call my best birds if not all the best for the rest of the season , kev
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: o dear o dear.......   o dear o dear....... EmptyThu May 13, 2010 8:59 pm

Steve, Ken d,

This is top quality sportmanship at it's very best
Back to top Go down
kev d
Youngbird
Youngbird
kev d

PostSubject: Re: o dear o dear.......   o dear o dear....... EmptyThu May 13, 2010 9:54 pm

Don Webb wrote:
Steve, Ken d,

This is top quality sportmanship at it's very best
hi don , it,s no trouble on my part
it,s just mark thinks he needs new birds to try out and if i can help him out i will , like i said ive been helped
out and ive been given some crackers older stock birds been clocked in from pau on the day in to plymouth
and ive bred some belting yb out of them so can,t wait to try them out but it,s a waiting game for me .
if he wants the young birds they wount have pedigree,s but the parents will be tested in the NFC so thats my pedigree but to get the best out of your birds you must have dedication a system and not turn to the pills and potions on offer and keep a diary on what condition you send your birds in and what you do in and around the loft and conditions on race day then you can read it back for future reffrence it makes intresting reading the following season then you can see if your doing any thing wrong ,ive got loads of books with my notes in i keep going back to . cheers kev
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: o dear o dear.......   o dear o dear....... EmptyThu May 13, 2010 9:55 pm

yes don, i agree with all the coments members have made to mark, the coments by ian re health is correct as if they are not healthy they wont win.......steves comments are also spot on and i know to restart is not cheap uness friends/fanciers will help out, and i for one will gladly breed mark ybs for next year and im sure others will too........altho i also wil agree with kev and dont faise all your birds out straight away mark, as youre not garanteed winners of any you may bring into your lofts.

i was told that when introducing new blood, you must compare their racing abilities against your worse racers therefore if they are better then you keep them and get rid of your worse racers.....if you know what i mean scratch
Back to top Go down
kev d
Youngbird
Youngbird
kev d

PostSubject: Re: o dear o dear.......   o dear o dear....... EmptyThu May 13, 2010 10:14 pm

hi david ,i agree with what you have just said not every pigeon you get will be good and also you have to think if the birds you are getting in can handle the terrain they are going to be flying in one example when i flew in wakefield the fed flew right down the middle of the country tram line racing , but down here in somerset you have to fly east to west right along the south coast thats going straight across every bodys flight path and they wonder why the have losses so what im saying is you have to have a type of pigeon to handle different terrain .
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: o dear o dear.......   o dear o dear....... EmptyThu May 13, 2010 10:27 pm

hi kev, yes youre right, ive read about cirtain pigeons winning out of turn for the breeder........when it comes to someone else racing them they never win a thing, this could also be due to the new owners management of course but also different areas are harder to fly in than others for one reason or another......this is just my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: o dear o dear.......   o dear o dear....... EmptyFri May 14, 2010 10:01 pm

Ken, David the comments you make are spot on
Back to top Go down
notykinlofts
Hatchling
Hatchling
notykinlofts

PostSubject: Re: o dear o dear.......   o dear o dear....... EmptySat May 15, 2010 3:37 pm

thanks for all the offers. but after today the birds still 35 mins behind all the other guys in the club i have ran out of steam,i realy feel that i want to pack in but my wife saying no but i had anough now dont want to waste any more time and money on them ,my wife want to get them tested so i will let her do what she want but i told her my interest has ran out and dont want to race anymore.
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: o dear o dear.......   o dear o dear....... EmptySat May 15, 2010 9:45 pm

Mark keep in there mate, the only way is up, must say everyone has bad days at the office mate
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: o dear o dear.......   o dear o dear....... EmptySat May 15, 2010 10:29 pm

hi mark, dont want to sound as tho im being bitchy........but have these birds your racing ever done anything for you ? if they have maybe they coud be sickening for something, or maybe it could be that they are just not race fit..........

if these birds have never doe anything, i think at the end of the season its time to "re-home" them and do your reserch and invest in the best winning stock you can get.........if this yb season doesnt produce something of any good they will all be going and new stock brought in...........

hope this helps martk.....
Back to top Go down
notykinlofts
Hatchling
Hatchling
notykinlofts

PostSubject: Re: o dear o dear.......   o dear o dear....... EmptySun May 16, 2010 7:23 pm

the birds i did have that did win me cards have all died now, but the ones i got left have never done anything grate.and yes you are right if at the end of this season i feel that i want to cary on with the birds these birds will be gone and start again from the new birds that i have been given from one of the top flyers in my club. will see how i feel at the end of the season.who know the ybs i have bred from these new birds may do the bis for me.
Back to top Go down
steve1952
Youngbird
Youngbird
steve1952

PostSubject: Re: o dear o dear.......   o dear o dear....... EmptySun May 16, 2010 7:33 pm

hope new birds will win for you mark
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: o dear o dear.......   o dear o dear....... EmptySun May 16, 2010 9:05 pm

Mark you have to be cruel to be kind mate, this sport is exspensive and can cost the earth, but for me i would restart get 3 pair of proven pigeons from very good blood breed from them and take it from there

Mark if it was me i would rather race 6 widowhood cocks knowing they will put everything in everytime they raced, than have 26 widowhood cocks knowing the other 20 are a waste of time and money
Back to top Go down
kev d
Youngbird
Youngbird
kev d

PostSubject: Re: o dear o dear.......   o dear o dear....... EmptySun May 16, 2010 10:03 pm

hi mark , by the sound of it you sound realy peed of with it all i think you need to get get
back to the drawing board and have a total rethink of what you want to do and what you
want out of the pigeon game . the birds you have race like there no good i know it,s hard to
admit it but with what your saying they are 30 odd minutes behind you have to ask your self are
you doing enough your self to make them better i know how you feel ive been there last every week
and it,s not nice if i was you get them tested as you said you would then race them to the bitter end
channel the lot if there fit and healthy and theres nothing wrong with them whats left at the end of the season
then you might have some thing to work with for next season even if you end up with two left .
my idea might be wrong but that,s what i would do sort the buggers out once and for all .
cheers kev
Back to top Go down
notykinlofts
Hatchling
Hatchling
notykinlofts

PostSubject: Re: o dear o dear.......   o dear o dear....... EmptyMon May 17, 2010 2:21 pm

kev d wrote:
hi mark , by the sound of it you sound realy peed of with it all i think you need to get get
back to the drawing board and have a total rethink of what you want to do and what you
want out of the pigeon game . the birds you have race like there no good i know it,s hard to
admit it but with what your saying they are 30 odd minutes behind you have to ask your self are
you doing enough your self to make them better i know how you feel ive been there last every week
and it,s not nice if i was you get them tested as you said you would then race them to the bitter end
channel the lot if there fit and healthy and theres nothing wrong with them whats left at the end of the season
then you might have some thing to work with for next season even if you end up with two left .
my idea might be wrong but that,s what i would do sort the buggers out once and for all .
cheers kev

lol thats the advice my dad would have given me years back thanks for that and you are right there smack on mate think i just needed to hare it again lol thats what i going to do in two weeks time we got our first channel race to falaise and they all be going.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: o dear o dear.......   o dear o dear....... Empty

Back to top Go down

o dear o dear.......
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next