Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Weather today
Club Secretary Resigned   - Page 3 Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 7:30 am

» Good Morning
Club Secretary Resigned   - Page 3 Emptyby George & Morgan Yesterday at 11:57 am

» Dehumidifiers ?
Club Secretary Resigned   - Page 3 Emptyby peel bros Wed Oct 16, 2024 9:43 pm

» Pigeon Courier .
Club Secretary Resigned   - Page 3 Emptyby David Wed Oct 16, 2024 10:51 am

» RPRA Oneloft Auction 2024
Club Secretary Resigned   - Page 3 Emptyby George & Morgan Tue Oct 15, 2024 6:33 pm

» CPH Registration Crashes
Club Secretary Resigned   - Page 3 Emptyby oldstrain Tue Oct 15, 2024 2:29 pm

» do you think nest mates are both hens
Club Secretary Resigned   - Page 3 Emptyby George & Morgan Tue Oct 15, 2024 11:49 am

» first time out
Club Secretary Resigned   - Page 3 Emptyby George & Morgan Tue Oct 15, 2024 11:48 am

» Moulting time
Club Secretary Resigned   - Page 3 Emptyby David Tue Oct 08, 2024 3:22 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) Club Secretary Resigned   - Page 3 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 49 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 49 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.Club Secretary Resigned   - Page 3 Resise10
Top posting users this week
David
Club Secretary Resigned   - Page 3 Vote_lcapClub Secretary Resigned   - Page 3 Voting_barClub Secretary Resigned   - Page 3 Vote_rcap 
George & Morgan
Club Secretary Resigned   - Page 3 Vote_lcapClub Secretary Resigned   - Page 3 Voting_barClub Secretary Resigned   - Page 3 Vote_rcap 
peel bros
oldstrain
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1306 registered users
The newest registered user is tenzinrao

Our users have posted a total of 224130 messages in 14055 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
Club Secretary Resigned   - Page 3 Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
Club Secretary Resigned   - Page 3 Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

Club Secretary Resigned

Go down 
+6
Don Webb
Knackered
MISTY
David
peel bros
Daz
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

Club Secretary Resigned   - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Club Secretary Resigned    Club Secretary Resigned   - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 10, 2020 7:03 am

How do you breed so many David ready to race ?.

Thought you only had small stud and not going to race.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
http://albertrosbottom35@outlook.com
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Club Secretary Resigned    Club Secretary Resigned   - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 10, 2020 10:09 am

MISTY wrote:
How do you breed so many David ready to race ?.

Thought you only had small stud and not going to race.

Regards.

i doubt very much if i`m going to race misty, i have toyed with the idea over the last couple of months, but realistically i wont have time to race pigeons and do other things i will be wanting to do........cant do everything, so if i cant race with 100% commitment theres no point

i will be doing what i always do though misty, breeding ybs to sell......i prefer to breed rather than race anyway, plus i can give the time i have to rearing decent ybs for others to race .....
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Club Secretary Resigned    Club Secretary Resigned   - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 10, 2020 10:12 am

Knackered wrote:
Competition for us Ray lol! lol! lol! it appears. New boy on the block etc Very Happy Very Happy David & his 140 odd rings Wink Wink Read he has an empty house next door there  now Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  & that will be their new home, maybe Very Happy  Very Happy.   cheers

now theres an idea knackered, a few perches and nest boxes in there would be great, 2 bedrooms, living room, kitchen etc..........would get quite a few breeding pairs crammed in .... Very Happy Very Happy Razz Razz lol! lol! afro
Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

PostSubject: Re: Club Secretary Resigned    Club Secretary Resigned   - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 10, 2020 1:49 pm

140 rings , no way ...100 is enough for us ..I might even go down to 70 or 80
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Club Secretary Resigned    Club Secretary Resigned   - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 10, 2020 2:33 pm

Did not mean for you to race David but those you sell.

Must be a good difference in the ages if all rear their own young.

Aways bought 30 rings myself and normally had up to ten left.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Club Secretary Resigned    Club Secretary Resigned   - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 10, 2020 2:49 pm

if i was just racing misty, id breed between 20 and 30 for my self .........any more than that i would struggle to manage .
Back to top Go down
Daz
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: Club Secretary Resigned    Club Secretary Resigned   - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 10, 2020 5:19 pm

You are more than likely right David.
Never tried to either. I believe, very much so, that too many breed to lose. And that is exactly happens to must. Losses and propping up the result tables each week... Yes a swallow makes their summer.

Maybe that is another beauty of the open loft. Where mostly it is more a mater of 'Observation'! the birds tell you each look their condition and signs shown to be shown.
Three things I was told to look for when going in the loft. for birds to race that week - end. The birds reaction. Alert and wanting to speak. Bright eyed and dancing. Make up around the eye.

Always note the droppings. If same at night as in the morning.... something is not right. plus many more of course during the day etc.

Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Club Secretary Resigned    Club Secretary Resigned   - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 10, 2020 5:27 pm

yes daz i think too many birds makes it harder to manage them all round, health wise and control over trapping etc ......i remember one year i had around 20 young birds, they were trapping nicely, flying well and looking good.......i added around 10 more and everything went to pot ......maybe it was me, or maybe just a few too many to manage properly ?
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Club Secretary Resigned    Club Secretary Resigned   - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 10, 2020 8:18 pm

Always knew the parculiarities of my pigeons after the yearling stage, won with some yearlings but mainly older ones by taking advantage of each ones perculiarities and the fewer you keep the more you learn about each one.

Most fanciers pigeons are gonners after a couple of seasons and they realy on yearlings flown in great numbers, large losses incurred and luck.

Young birds only need to be healthy have the ability and love their life to win.

No fancier has a loft full of winners , everyone has good bad and indifferent it is a pity that you have to sort out the latter two.

The fewer you keep the less problems.

Regards.

Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Club Secretary Resigned    Club Secretary Resigned   - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 21, 2020 6:39 pm

phoned the rpra yesterday about ordering 2021 rings, as we have had no word from our club re agm or rings etc .........turns out they didnt even know the sec had resigned affraid affraid

what a shambles eh lol!
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Club Secretary Resigned    Club Secretary Resigned   - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 22, 2020 8:33 am

Cannot follow that David, the RPRA could not know the secretary had resigned unless someone informed them.

The club should have held a meeting when the secretary resigned and elected an iterim to do the secreteries work until the AGM.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: Club Secretary Resigned    Club Secretary Resigned   - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 22, 2020 8:48 am

MISTY wrote:
Always knew the parculiarities of my pigeons   after the yearling stage, won with some yearlings but mainly older ones by taking advantage of each ones perculiarities and the fewer you keep the more you learn about each one.

Most fanciers pigeons are gonners after a couple of seasons and they realy on yearlings flown in great numbers, large losses incurred and luck.

Young birds only need to be healthy have the ability and love their life to win.

No fancier has  a loft full of winners , everyone has good bad and indifferent it is a pity that you have to sort out the latter two.

The fewer you keep the less problems.

Regards.

good post misty Wink a yb team is much better off being the same age once you start putting later ybs in the section it usually holds the older ones back as they see them on the loft and think its feed time ,also darkies start pairing and get lazy but at least you can train them atb

Back to top Go down
barnie
Youngbird
Youngbird
barnie

PostSubject: Re: Club Secretary Resigned    Club Secretary Resigned   - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 22, 2020 9:36 am

David wrote:
phoned the rpra yesterday about ordering 2021 rings, as we have had no word from our club re agm or rings etc .........turns out they didnt even know the sec had resigned affraid affraid

what a shambles eh lol!

I just proposed you for the job David, just waiting of a seconder.

Personal P.A. and company car plus expense account, right up your street mate !
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Club Secretary Resigned    Club Secretary Resigned   - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 22, 2020 11:42 am

barnie wrote:
David wrote:

what a shambles eh lol!

I just proposed you for the job David, just waiting of a seconder.

Personal P.A. and company car plus expense account, right up your street mate !

now your talking colin ........ Razz Razz lol!

in reality i wouldnt have a clue, lol!
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Club Secretary Resigned    Club Secretary Resigned   - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 22, 2020 6:52 pm

Think you would  make a very good  secretary David, if I did it anyone can.

Main requirements, a very thick skin to absorb all the back stabbing you would receive, an answer to impossible quesions,  a knowledge of the rules  relating to fighting amongst drunken slobs ( only on occasions but once too often) an understanding of why some fanciers  always think their velocity needs checking,
( far worse when you had to work them out longhand).etc; etc; etc;

But hey why have an easy life like those who just have the ability to moan and little else.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
Daz
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: Club Secretary Resigned    Club Secretary Resigned   - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 23, 2020 1:23 pm

I think David would excel as a sec. Would take his mind of me and Misty. WHether to fly or no and the good lady lol

By the way any RPRA member can buy rings. I did for years. Just need your RP. Number.

Why did I go direct? Because, I order 30, more than usual 20, in case I ever needed a few spares. Late Bred can have any ring register etc.
Club Sec had sold10 of mine one year. Then when I asked for my rings, he called the room to order and said' I have 20 rings left if any one wants them. If not Roly will have them'! I kid you not. I had youngsters in the nest about ready to be rung, or I would have told him where to stick them. I certainly told him what I felt when taking the rings. he said a couple of feeble excuses, like beings you hadn't took them till now - was late March granted, but then it always was. That he hadn't looked at his book and checked, etc. Yep a great sec. Indeed a very good Sec. but was certainly one for the cliché.
Glad i didn't slap ... now lol.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Club Secretary Resigned    Club Secretary Resigned   - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 23, 2020 4:35 pm

i can just about fasten my own shoe laces, never mind be club sec ...... lol! lol!

yes i asked about buying direct, but it works out quit a difference in price, so as im planning on around the 100 mark again, maybe more, it would be quite a lot over the clubs charges buying direct from the rpra.

i need to phone the club official they told me to ring, who should be running things for now, until a new sec is found .......
Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

PostSubject: Re: Club Secretary Resigned    Club Secretary Resigned   - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 23, 2020 8:54 pm

I actually like the job most of the time but its definitely my last year next year
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Club Secretary Resigned    Club Secretary Resigned   - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 23, 2020 9:09 pm

peel bros wrote:
I actually like the job most of the time but its definitely my last year next year

trouble is what ive realised, no one wants to step into the shoes and do it...... No
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Club Secretary Resigned    Club Secretary Resigned   - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 23, 2020 9:11 pm

Bet it was the President David who should realy have dealt with it straight away.

Anyway hope you solve your problem no good throwing money down the drain.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

PostSubject: Re: Club Secretary Resigned    Club Secretary Resigned   - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 24, 2020 7:41 am

Your right David and its even harder the less members . Its a struggle for me but if I am OK thats ok but I don't think so
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Club Secretary Resigned    Club Secretary Resigned   - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 24, 2020 9:12 am

Always thought every member should take a turn at any position in the club they are capable of.

To fill places in a small club is difficult, however, I can tell you being a secretary with 60 or so members is no picknick, you always have the barrack room lawyers at your throat and those who only know four letter words and how to empty a glass of beer in two seconds.

A small happy club is far better you usualy get rid of the troublesome.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
Daz
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: Club Secretary Resigned    Club Secretary Resigned   - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 24, 2020 1:52 pm

there must be/ will be a mate around the corner, who would be very willing to take it on. We had a very good fellow - not a fancier or club member, who was first class and enjoyed it.
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Club Secretary Resigned    Club Secretary Resigned   - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 24, 2020 2:57 pm

Stand to be corrected Daz but cannot see how you could have a secretery who is not a RPRA nor a member of the club, think Rule 152a if my memory serves me right says how the officers are elected ec;

Regards.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Club Secretary Resigned    Club Secretary Resigned   - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 24, 2020 3:19 pm

ive a feeling i knowwho will take the job on, its down to 2 people ........i`ll probably be right, but i reckon they need to get a move on with the agm and get a new sec and the rings sorted out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Club Secretary Resigned    Club Secretary Resigned   - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Club Secretary Resigned
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next