Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» King removes Patronage
anyone feed pellets... Emptyby George & Morgan Yesterday at 7:21 pm

» Good Morning
anyone feed pellets... Emptyby David Yesterday at 5:50 pm

» Weather today
anyone feed pellets... Emptyby David Yesterday at 9:20 am

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
anyone feed pellets... Emptyby George & Morgan Mon May 06, 2024 4:58 pm

» York Road & District Results 2024
anyone feed pellets... Emptyby David Mon May 06, 2024 4:53 pm

» escaped birds return
anyone feed pellets... Emptyby Knackered Sun May 05, 2024 10:42 am

» Scandalous .......
anyone feed pellets... Emptyby Knackered Sun May 05, 2024 7:31 am

» yb national winner
anyone feed pellets... Emptyby George & Morgan Sat May 04, 2024 9:30 am

» good luck weekend
anyone feed pellets... Emptyby Knackered Thu May 02, 2024 9:16 am

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) anyone feed pellets... 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 45 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 44 Guests :: 3 Bots

George & Morgan

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.anyone feed pellets... Resise10
Top posting users this week
David
anyone feed pellets... Vote_lcapanyone feed pellets... Voting_baranyone feed pellets... Vote_rcap 
George & Morgan
anyone feed pellets... Vote_lcapanyone feed pellets... Voting_baranyone feed pellets... Vote_rcap 
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1297 registered users
The newest registered user is tharunjohar50

Our users have posted a total of 222738 messages in 14003 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
anyone feed pellets... Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
anyone feed pellets... Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

anyone feed pellets...

Go down 
+4
Alex
bluewhiteflight
IANYOUNG
David
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

anyone feed pellets... Empty
PostSubject: anyone feed pellets...   anyone feed pellets... EmptyMon Nov 30, 2009 7:47 pm

does anyone give them pellets when rearing ybs ?if so which ones ........... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: anyone feed pellets...   anyone feed pellets... EmptyMon Nov 30, 2009 8:10 pm

used to david not anymore too costly
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: anyone feed pellets...   anyone feed pellets... EmptyMon Nov 30, 2009 8:16 pm

usede to use some turkey growing pellets years ago......tried the bamfords erego stimpellets last year and didnt re.ckon much to them and they cost a lot for what they were
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: anyone feed pellets...   anyone feed pellets... EmptyMon Nov 30, 2009 8:41 pm

thats it david the price of them are ridiculous
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: anyone feed pellets...   anyone feed pellets... EmptyMon Nov 30, 2009 8:50 pm

i know.......have you tried those g10 i think they call them ??? or something like that ...... king
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: anyone feed pellets...   anyone feed pellets... EmptyMon Nov 30, 2009 9:35 pm

no havent tried them
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: anyone feed pellets...   anyone feed pellets... EmptyMon Nov 30, 2009 9:39 pm

when i got my birds the first ybs i bred i gave them pellets and the ybs seemed big healthy ybs but i couldnt get them last yeaqr so thats why i used the pink orego stim bamfords......im going to see if crowthers have any decent ones when i go soon for my breeding mix.
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: anyone feed pellets...   anyone feed pellets... EmptyMon Nov 30, 2009 9:45 pm

i like to use homoform when i put them across into youngbird loft
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: anyone feed pellets...   anyone feed pellets... EmptyMon Nov 30, 2009 9:47 pm

do you not use it while they are feeding ybs ian ?
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: anyone feed pellets...   anyone feed pellets... EmptyMon Nov 30, 2009 9:52 pm

no just plenty of maples
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: anyone feed pellets...   anyone feed pellets... EmptyMon Nov 30, 2009 9:55 pm

cant remember correctly but i think john, stormqueen fed his 09 ybs on blue peas/beans? or something like that and they were lovely ybs....lovely feathering etc
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: anyone feed pellets...   anyone feed pellets... EmptyMon Nov 30, 2009 9:57 pm

yes plenty protein
Back to top Go down
bluewhiteflight
Hatchling
Hatchling
bluewhiteflight

PostSubject: Re: anyone feed pellets...   anyone feed pellets... EmptyMon Nov 30, 2009 10:46 pm

this year i used gem g10s mixed into bamfords breed and wean for the breeders and never had any bad droppings around the bowls with youngsters so was very happy with them , im currently still feeding bamfords moulting mix to my birds and i mix in 10-15 % g10s , i am happy with the results but not sure if its the pellets or just good health in general, plus i only have 52 bird in total thats me 13 pairs of stock plus 12 widowhood cocks and 14 celibate hens for next year so doesnt really cost me much to feed them at the moment
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: anyone feed pellets...   anyone feed pellets... EmptyMon Nov 30, 2009 10:52 pm

darren, do you mix 10-15% g10`s when they are feeding ybs or during the winter before pairing ? ive seen the g10`s advertised and heard they are quite good so im most likely going to get some for the breeding season......could you tell me what breeding mix you will be using this year ? at the moment i have them just on winter/resting mix which has quite a bit of wheat, barley among other things.
Back to top Go down
bluewhiteflight
Hatchling
Hatchling
bluewhiteflight

PostSubject: Re: anyone feed pellets...   anyone feed pellets... EmptyMon Nov 30, 2009 10:59 pm

im on the hopper when breeding david and about 10-15% g10s in mix , im going to be feeding bamfords breed and wean again next year

at the moment im feeding the moulting still and g10s same percentage but i feed in troughs now , i have been giving them as much as they want uptill about 2 weeks ago as my hens are alittle fat so im feeding less, trying to knock abit of weight off them

ps does anybody know if it is ok to feed barley for say 2 or 3 weeks before pairing up to knock wait off hens as i read this somewere but not sure
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: anyone feed pellets...   anyone feed pellets... EmptyMon Nov 30, 2009 11:11 pm

ive heard of fanciers doing it to bring the weight down darren but i dont know if its recommended if its too near to pairing ???? something else i read was that barley causes the shell to be thick and can cause ybs not being able to get out and die in the shell ???? dont know how true this is darren but its something i read and people have all sorts of ideas and different opinions.....
Back to top Go down
bluewhiteflight
Hatchling
Hatchling
bluewhiteflight

PostSubject: Re: anyone feed pellets...   anyone feed pellets... EmptyMon Nov 30, 2009 11:16 pm

thanks for that
Back to top Go down
Alex
Youngbird
Youngbird
Alex

PostSubject: Re: anyone feed pellets...   anyone feed pellets... EmptyFri Feb 18, 2011 5:54 pm

Going to bring this topic back up again....

Thought about using Hormoform and G10, give them a try... Anyone tried it last season or while breeding this season? Not sure which of the two are best to go for.
Back to top Go down
gareth
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: anyone feed pellets...   anyone feed pellets... EmptyFri Feb 18, 2011 6:07 pm

hi all i use g10s and homoform and i must say old and young birds are exellent some birds play varound with them but they swn take to them
Back to top Go down
kev d
Youngbird
Youngbird
kev d

PostSubject: Re: anyone feed pellets...   anyone feed pellets... EmptyFri Feb 18, 2011 7:11 pm

hormoform is good to mix in with your corn when feeding but its a bit
to pricey for me so i just use layers pelletts and lots of beans with my normal best all round mix
when breeding starts i also add SMA baby milk in the water , you breed lovely youngsters on that
but every one to there own .
Back to top Go down
Ginger
Youngbird
Youngbird
Ginger

PostSubject: Re: anyone feed pellets...   anyone feed pellets... EmptyFri Feb 18, 2011 8:14 pm

kEV this baby powder howe much to a lter
Back to top Go down
Alex
Youngbird
Youngbird
Alex

PostSubject: Re: anyone feed pellets...   anyone feed pellets... EmptyFri Feb 18, 2011 8:19 pm

Did read about that on another site today kev, also graham had said its very good. Would like to know how much to use at a time though.

Last edited by Alex on Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
kev d
Youngbird
Youngbird
kev d

PostSubject: Re: anyone feed pellets...   anyone feed pellets... EmptyFri Feb 18, 2011 8:19 pm

hi ginger , all i do is put a couple of scoops in the drinker regardles of size
or sprinkle one scoop on there corn with some kind of oil , i use olive oil .
kev
Back to top Go down
Ginger
Youngbird
Youngbird
Ginger

PostSubject: Re: anyone feed pellets...   anyone feed pellets... EmptyFri Feb 18, 2011 8:22 pm

Cheers Kev cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: anyone feed pellets...   anyone feed pellets... EmptyFri Feb 18, 2011 9:14 pm

yes ive heard of the baby milk powder too kev, will be good for ybs...........i have heard of it on the corn but never thought of it in the water....which when you think about it would be better.

i used the G10 pellets last year and to be honest didnt see any difference, i also have used the pink BOSS pellets which too made no difference and were quite expensive.....i think the best pellets ive used are the turkey growing pellets.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: anyone feed pellets...   anyone feed pellets... Empty

Back to top Go down

anyone feed pellets...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next