Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Weather today
Fred Holbard.......... Emptyby barnie Today at 10:41 am

» Good Morning
Fred Holbard.......... Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 8:17 am

» 2 ybs gifted out to-day
Fred Holbard.......... Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 10:49 pm

» good luck weekend
Fred Holbard.......... Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 10:30 pm

» escaped birds return
Fred Holbard.......... Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 10:24 pm

» Scandalous .......
Fred Holbard.......... Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 12:23 am

» RPRA Race Program
Fred Holbard.......... Emptyby Knackered Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:49 pm

» RPRA Rule Book
Fred Holbard.......... Emptyby Knackered Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:41 pm

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
Fred Holbard.......... Emptyby David Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:25 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) Fred Holbard.......... 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 105 users online :: 2 Registered, 0 Hidden and 103 Guests :: 2 Bots

barnie, George & Morgan

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.Fred Holbard.......... Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
Fred Holbard.......... Vote_lcapFred Holbard.......... Voting_barFred Holbard.......... Vote_rcap 
David
Fred Holbard.......... Vote_lcapFred Holbard.......... Voting_barFred Holbard.......... Vote_rcap 
Knackered
oldstrain
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1296 registered users
The newest registered user is nelsa19ira

Our users have posted a total of 222605 messages in 14001 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
Fred Holbard.......... Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
Fred Holbard.......... Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

Fred Holbard..........

Go down 
+6
dark_chequer
Don Webb
IANYOUNG
fred holbard
friendsloft
David
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

Fred Holbard.......... Empty
PostSubject: Fred Holbard..........   Fred Holbard.......... EmptyWed Dec 16, 2009 7:16 pm

did anyone see one of our members, fred holbard in the racing pigeon weekly.......? he had won 6th combine with one of his birds and it also gave details of some of his wins which were very impressive. well done fred, hope you have a good 2010 season..... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
friendsloft
Youngbird
Youngbird
friendsloft

PostSubject: Re: Fred Holbard..........   Fred Holbard.......... EmptyWed Dec 16, 2009 7:21 pm

Hi david Fred as been in all the mags on and off for his achivements with his birds, wish i could boost his results top flyer in deed Well doen Fred and good luck for 2010
Ken
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/friendsloft/index.htm
fred holbard
Hatchling
Hatchling
fred holbard

PostSubject: Re: Fred Holbard..........   Fred Holbard.......... EmptySat Jan 09, 2010 5:59 pm

Thanks very much for noticing guys, just caught up with this site, been having a few problems logging on, I've been fortunate over the years, with my results which I'm proud of, mind you I did have a good teacher. I had a good year - especially with the youngsters last year, lets hope it continues.

ATB for 2010 to everyone

regards

fred Holbard
Back to top Go down
http://www.eliteoffsetprinters.co.uk
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Fred Holbard..........   Fred Holbard.......... EmptySat Jan 09, 2010 8:51 pm

hi fred, could you tell us if you have paired up or not , and if you have is there any reason you pair early.........? some of our other members havnt paired yet and are waiting for the better weather but after reading some of the replies i too decided to pair up two days ago and apart from just one pair they have all took to their mate.

could you also tell us if you will be racing widowhood or roundabout this coming season, and will your ybs be on darknesss........?
Back to top Go down
fred holbard
Hatchling
Hatchling
fred holbard

PostSubject: Re: Fred Holbard..........   Fred Holbard.......... EmptySat Jan 09, 2010 9:01 pm

Hi David

I have paired some of my race team up, and all my stock birds, all on the 1st of January, I pair up early as it suits my system which is widowhood, and yes I race my youngsters on the darkness, I think if you want to compete with your babies, then you have to, I like to compete in all the races I can, old or young.

Any other questions, please feel free to ask, and I will answer as best I can

best regards

Fred
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: Fred Holbard..........   Fred Holbard.......... EmptySat Jan 09, 2010 9:08 pm

totally agree fred i also fly widowhood and darkie with youngsters ill also like to compete in all races and want to give them every chance possible
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Fred Holbard..........   Fred Holbard.......... EmptySat Jan 09, 2010 9:24 pm

fred, have you paired some of your race team up to breed from them, or do you float eggs under them from stock birds.........if you breed from the race team do you just take two ybs from them or more,?
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: Fred Holbard..........   Fred Holbard.......... EmptySat Jan 09, 2010 9:53 pm

Welcome to the site Fred your advise will help us all
Back to top Go down
fred holbard
Hatchling
Hatchling
fred holbard

PostSubject: Re: Fred Holbard..........   Fred Holbard.......... EmptySat Jan 09, 2010 10:25 pm

I will be rearing from the race team that is paired up, I float the stock birds under them, the idea is to get all the youngsters at roughly the same age, within two weeks if possible of the first and second rounds, I don't like to have youngsters of varying ages as this can cause all sorts of problems, I know that sometimes it cant be helped if you haven't got a big team to breed off of, but its the way I like to do it, if not, I would have more young bird sections to put them in, I like to take two youngsters from each pair, either there own or floated.

regards

fred
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Fred Holbard..........   Fred Holbard.......... EmptySat Jan 09, 2010 10:32 pm

hi fred, so when the racers have reared one nest what do you do when they lay again, or do you seperate until nearer the time for ob raining/racing ?
Back to top Go down
fred holbard
Hatchling
Hatchling
fred holbard

PostSubject: Re: Fred Holbard..........   Fred Holbard.......... EmptySun Jan 10, 2010 8:50 am

I let them rear, preferably 2 youngsters, sometimes 1, till the youngster is 17 days old, or the cock starts to look at his hen again, whichever is first, I then take away the hen and leave the cock to finish off the youngsters for a week, then wean them into their own shed (no hens) they are then separate for about a month before I repair and they sit eggs for 5 days - any longer and they will start to drop flights.

regards

fred
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Fred Holbard..........   Fred Holbard.......... EmptySun Jan 10, 2010 10:36 pm

so then you take the hen away again and the widowhood starts.....? good bit of info re they start to drop flights fred, this is what comes with knowleage which i dont have at the moment.......

when you start to train your widowhood cocks do you have the hens in the nestbox for when the cocks get home...?

also do you still train widowhoods when racing has started....?
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: Fred Holbard..........   Fred Holbard.......... EmptySun Jan 10, 2010 10:44 pm

interesting that fred i leave the cock to bring youngster up last week ,but have never re pairedthem up again after this ,
Back to top Go down
fred holbard
Hatchling
Hatchling
fred holbard

PostSubject: Re: Fred Holbard..........   Fred Holbard.......... EmptySun Jan 10, 2010 10:47 pm

I normally train on the second round of eggs, or before when they're on the drive, I have trained once racing has started, sometimes the yearlings need re-educating, it's all very well saying I never train once racing starts, that's all very well when everything is going right, but as everyone knows, it doesn't always go to plan Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
fred holbard
Hatchling
Hatchling
fred holbard

PostSubject: Re: Fred Holbard..........   Fred Holbard.......... EmptySun Jan 10, 2010 10:53 pm

Hi Ian

The way your post reads, I thought you had babies being finished off last week Shocked

Of course you don't need to repair, a lot of people don't, I've tried all ways over the years, my main combine pigeons wont be repaired
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: Fred Holbard..........   Fred Holbard.......... EmptySun Jan 10, 2010 10:59 pm

Fred i agree with the way you us widowhood i used to repair them myself
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Fred Holbard..........   Fred Holbard.......... EmptySun Jan 10, 2010 11:05 pm

so yearlings which are new to widowhood need to be trained to fly on the system dont they.....? is there any method you use to do this or is it just a matter of sending training and have the hens in the box when they get home.....?

another thing fred, do you break down with depurative when widowers get home from race and them build up during the week regarding feeding.....?

sorry for all the questions........ Embarassed lol!

p.s have youy ever tried darkness ybs on a type of widowhood racing.....?
Back to top Go down
fred holbard
Hatchling
Hatchling
fred holbard

PostSubject: Re: Fred Holbard..........   Fred Holbard.......... EmptySun Jan 10, 2010 11:14 pm

I treat all my birds the same, yearlings or otherwise, I'm saying sometimes you have to educate the yearlings more, most of the times I don't show the hens if I'm training on W/H maybe just at the end of the week.

I have in the past, broke pigeons down, depurative early in the week, then building up as the week progresses, I no longer think this is right.

Have I tried W/H for youngsters?

I'm always trying something different, each year is different, I like to push the boundaries, I've used widowhood, the door system, natural, catch pairing etc
Back to top Go down
fred holbard
Hatchling
Hatchling
fred holbard

PostSubject: Re: Fred Holbard..........   Fred Holbard.......... EmptySun Jan 10, 2010 11:15 pm

David, sorry I forgot to say, you can never ask to many questions lol!
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: Fred Holbard..........   Fred Holbard.......... EmptySun Jan 10, 2010 11:17 pm

Form my yearlings i always placed the nest bowl in the box when they were going to see the hens on there return

No bowl no hen, see bowl hen on the return cheers
Back to top Go down
fred holbard
Hatchling
Hatchling
fred holbard

PostSubject: Re: Fred Holbard..........   Fred Holbard.......... EmptySun Jan 10, 2010 11:19 pm

sorry Don I missed your post, sometimes when the birds are separated for a month March they come on a bit to much, repairing them slows them down again, so its not a bad thing
Back to top Go down
fred holbard
Hatchling
Hatchling
fred holbard

PostSubject: Re: Fred Holbard..........   Fred Holbard.......... EmptySun Jan 10, 2010 11:20 pm

Don, many roads lead to Rome with the yearlings, I just like to keep them guessing sometimes lol!
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: Fred Holbard..........   Fred Holbard.......... EmptySun Jan 10, 2010 11:21 pm

fred cheers for the reply
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Fred Holbard..........   Fred Holbard.......... EmptySun Jan 10, 2010 11:38 pm

once read where a fancier left the hens in the box for one hour after the first cock returned from the race, so the first bird would get an hour and the bird 15 mins behind only got 45 mins with the hen....etc the birds which were an hour behind didnt get to see the hen....do you do anything like this fred......?

not sure if it was an hour or 30 mins but its just to explain the question i chose one hour...... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: Fred Holbard..........   Fred Holbard.......... EmptySun Jan 10, 2010 11:48 pm

Ojn a fast race max time 1 hour and then increase the time as the races get longer and harder
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fred Holbard..........   Fred Holbard.......... Empty

Back to top Go down

Fred Holbard..........
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next