Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» King removes Patronage
deep litter or bare floors - Page 8 Emptyby David Today at 4:18 pm

» Weather today
deep litter or bare floors - Page 8 Emptyby David Today at 4:16 pm

» Good Morning
deep litter or bare floors - Page 8 Emptyby David Today at 11:34 am

» escaped birds return
deep litter or bare floors - Page 8 Emptyby David Today at 10:25 am

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
deep litter or bare floors - Page 8 Emptyby George & Morgan Mon May 06, 2024 4:58 pm

» York Road & District Results 2024
deep litter or bare floors - Page 8 Emptyby David Mon May 06, 2024 4:53 pm

» Scandalous .......
deep litter or bare floors - Page 8 Emptyby Knackered Sun May 05, 2024 7:31 am

» yb national winner
deep litter or bare floors - Page 8 Emptyby George & Morgan Sat May 04, 2024 9:30 am

» good luck weekend
deep litter or bare floors - Page 8 Emptyby Knackered Thu May 02, 2024 9:16 am

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) deep litter or bare floors - Page 8 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 57 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 57 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.deep litter or bare floors - Page 8 Resise10
Top posting users this week
David
deep litter or bare floors - Page 8 Vote_lcapdeep litter or bare floors - Page 8 Voting_bardeep litter or bare floors - Page 8 Vote_rcap 
George & Morgan
deep litter or bare floors - Page 8 Vote_lcapdeep litter or bare floors - Page 8 Voting_bardeep litter or bare floors - Page 8 Vote_rcap 
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1297 registered users
The newest registered user is tharunjohar50

Our users have posted a total of 222760 messages in 14003 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
deep litter or bare floors - Page 8 Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
deep litter or bare floors - Page 8 Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

deep litter or bare floors

Go down 
+18
delbar
Alex
redwhitepied
Lightning
highflyerboy
oldstrain
spencerline
friendsloft
notykinlofts
littlehen
DOVEScot
peel bros
dark_chequer
Grizzle cock
Don Webb
David
Bricoux
IANYOUNG
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

deep litter or bare floors - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: deep litter or bare floors   deep litter or bare floors - Page 8 EmptyMon Sep 21, 2009 8:47 pm

by the way david its me sending to lillers not ray
Back to top Go down
notykinlofts
Hatchling
Hatchling
notykinlofts

PostSubject: Re: deep litter or bare floors   deep litter or bare floors - Page 8 EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 7:25 pm

yeah in closed season the birds still need day to day needs,my birds are not just a summer hobby they all year round im in there for hours summer and winter love my birds and yeah i talk to my birds to see you there ken Basketball affraid Shocked cyclops tongue rendeer alien cherry What a Face
Back to top Go down
http://marks-white-dove-release.co.uk
friendsloft
Youngbird
Youngbird
friendsloft

PostSubject: Re: deep litter or bare floors   deep litter or bare floors - Page 8 EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 7:28 pm

lol! welcome to the insane house Mark
Ken

deep litter or bare floors - Page 8 Jugglingclown
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/friendsloft/index.htm
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: deep litter or bare floors   deep litter or bare floors - Page 8 EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 10:16 pm

iany wrote:
by the way david its me sending to lillers not ray

sorry ian, got confused Embarassed .......hope they do well for you, whens basketing ?
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: deep litter or bare floors   deep litter or bare floors - Page 8 EmptyThu Sep 24, 2009 10:54 pm

It happens to the best of use??????????????????
Back to top Go down
spencerline
Hatchling
Hatchling
spencerline

PostSubject: Re: deep litter or bare floors   deep litter or bare floors - Page 8 EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 11:26 pm

ian wrote:
what do fellow fanciers put on the floor , my youngbirds at moment are on sad and lime which i riddle through every day , when they start racing i take it out and just have bare floor and clean out every day ,my widowhood cocks are on bare floor also

Deep litter is a lot less work for the fancier but it has to be bone dry at all times, scraping every day is hard work so I myself used elevated grills on the floors of my lofts when I was in the UK, then I could get away with scraping the floor once a week especially with the Ybs as if any bird got sick and spewed corn up it fell through the grill out of reach from any other pigeon that may eat it and become sick itself and obviously the shit falls through the grill out of harms way until I had time to clean lol.
Back to top Go down
http://www.algarvepigeonracing.webs.com
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: deep litter or bare floors   deep litter or bare floors - Page 8 EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 11:55 pm

Like bare floors and clean out twice aday doing this helps you bond with the pigeons
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: deep litter or bare floors   deep litter or bare floors - Page 8 EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 12:47 am

i use laysoft horse bedding in my stock shed, just clean out the piles most days........in the other sections i scrape out and use floor whitener.
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: deep litter or bare floors   deep litter or bare floors - Page 8 EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 1:15 am

its the scraper for me it tames the birds you can also detect a problem sooner by the droppings however i use woodchips for the ybs their heavy and dont move when the birds flap about i dampen the chips then get a tub of loftguard and and turn the chips until their coated then compact down and leave to dry well before the birds go in and just rake through now and then Wink
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: deep litter or bare floors   deep litter or bare floors - Page 8 EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 1:20 am

nice reds in the avatar old, what are they.../
Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

PostSubject: Re: deep litter or bare floors   deep litter or bare floors - Page 8 EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 8:40 am

deep litter for me, only because i have so much to clean out and this saves time, gives me more time with the birds as well, plus i detect promblems quicker by the dropping on the perch or nest box rather the the bare floor, the bare floor could be any birds droppings , where as the box it that birds own, so you would know straight away..we used to use bare floors but it would take to long now
Back to top Go down
highflyerboy
Hatchling
Hatchling
highflyerboy

PostSubject: Re: deep litter or bare floors   deep litter or bare floors - Page 8 EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 9:08 am

just going to jump in and say that stuff ian mentioned earlier v18 is a very good product lads i use it and every thing is fine with my birds and loft
Back to top Go down
Lightning
Hatchling
Hatchling
Lightning

PostSubject: Re: deep litter or bare floors   deep litter or bare floors - Page 8 EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 12:50 pm

bare floors for me, only time when this gets a pain is this time of year when youngsters in pans, nestboxes are always great but the floors get covered big time and messy, you could literally go up there every hour and you would have a need to clean the floors LOL

Roll On Summer lol!
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: deep litter or bare floors   deep litter or bare floors - Page 8 EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 6:00 pm

Lightning wrote:
bare floors for me, only time when this gets a pain is this time of year when youngsters in pans, nestboxes are always great but the floors get covered big time and messy, you could literally go up there every hour and you would have a need to clean the floors LOL

Roll On Summer lol!

Will agree there Mark
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: deep litter or bare floors   deep litter or bare floors - Page 8 EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 6:56 pm

its been a nightmare trying to keep the loft dry this winter, as the ice has thawed its dripped from the roof in some sections............not much, but the least bit of moisture was not drying because it wasnt warm enough.
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: deep litter or bare floors   deep litter or bare floors - Page 8 EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 7:03 pm

DAVID wrote:
its been a nightmare trying to keep the loft dry this winter, as the ice has thawed its dripped from the roof in some sections............not much, but the least bit of moisture was not drying because it wasnt warm enough.
me too mate what can you do , stand in the loft with the mrs hairdryer lol!
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: deep litter or bare floors   deep litter or bare floors - Page 8 EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 7:18 pm

might have to if it doesnt fine u a bit old, ive been using a lot of the floor whitener and it does dry it most of the time but the air is cold and it doesnt help does it............also the main area for damp is round the drinker as they are always trying to get a bath in it...... No
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: deep litter or bare floors   deep litter or bare floors - Page 8 EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 8:03 pm

just put horse bedding down in widowhood loft until i finish breeding then its back to bare floors
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: deep litter or bare floors   deep litter or bare floors - Page 8 EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 8:05 pm

yes i use it in stock shed, just remove piles each day so leaves more time for the others.

cheap enough too, think it was approx 6 pound(ish)
Back to top Go down
redwhitepied
In egg (newbie)
In egg (newbie)
redwhitepied

PostSubject: Re: deep litter or bare floors   deep litter or bare floors - Page 8 EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 8:14 pm

i keep a few old dutch tumblers,limerick tumblers & bellnack tumblers they are a big muffed feet type of pigeon so to keep them in good order i use deep litter easy bed horse bedding
the racers are on bare floor and i use yellow building sand as a dressing to make it easy to clean
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: deep litter or bare floors   deep litter or bare floors - Page 8 EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 8:22 pm

think i`ll use the laysoft/horse bedding in all sections over next winter, im not sure if it keeps the floor dry but if its kepy up to each day by removing the droppings it should help a lot.
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: deep litter or bare floors   deep litter or bare floors - Page 8 EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 9:10 pm

think it helps keep the warm in over the winter moths
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: deep litter or bare floors   deep litter or bare floors - Page 8 EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 9:13 pm

yes i agree ian, definately does seem warmer for them............hate straw down on the floor tho, if it gets damp during the winter it stinks.
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: deep litter or bare floors   deep litter or bare floors - Page 8 EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 9:44 pm

yes but prefer straw for nest material tho
Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

PostSubject: Re: deep litter or bare floors   deep litter or bare floors - Page 8 EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 8:30 am

i use straw as well ,i spray mine with duramitex or similar then dry it out before they use it.like i said before i like the what them collect it to see who is the keenest
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: deep litter or bare floors   deep litter or bare floors - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

deep litter or bare floors
Page 8 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next